“Great food”

Essen Slow Fast Food
Ranked #1,900 of 13,551 Restaurants in New York City
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Midtown
New York City, New York
“Great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I work in the city and I go here a lot for lunch. They have a huge selection of food at a great price.

Visited August 2014

San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Fine for what it was”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014

I ate here three times because it was very close to the hotel I was staying. That being said, the food isn't that good for the price they are asking for. The coffee is pretty much undrinkable so you should avoid that at all cost. I wouldn't go there again, but it was fine for what it was.

Visited July 2014
Pickering, Canada
“WOW - variety and goodness feels like home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2014

Our hotel recommended this place and it became our favourite choice for a quick lunch or breakfast during our stay in NYC. Our first experience was lunch the first day we arrived while waiting for our hotel room to be ready. After a long stressful morning of travel Essen lightened our moods and gave us some home goodness. The variety was unbelievable - select from the buffet or order fresh to your liking. A great healthy alternative in a fast paced city. Venturing out the next morning for breakfast made us realize this was the place so a daily stop in for breakfast to go back to the hotel was a ritual.....always fresh and always a wonderful variety. The place was spotless and so bright and inviting. I wish we had one of these at home!!!!

The only downfall....not many table available during lunch with the working crowd but the food made up for that easily.

• Visited May 2014
“based on previous reviewers...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2014

I was in NY for a fun weekend, and based on previous reviewers decided to experience the Essen. Yes the menu was extensive and and fulfilling, yes the food was delicious. Was it worth the wait and long line? Very debatable. Contrary to other reviewers, I found the staff to be discourteous…and I could only remember this one counter man, I would call him out on line.
The food was delicious…the rest, I suppose, comes with the territory

• Visited May 2014
Long Island, New York
“Simply the best”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014

They got a multituide of options to choose from to satisfy the pickiest eater. Salads, sandwiches, korean dishes, sushi, extensive salad bar and soups. Has been coming here for quiet some time. The food always tastes fresh and the service super fast.
Great place for lunch.