“Best babka”
Review of Breads Bakery

Breads Bakery
Neighborhood: Flatiron District
Description: Our bakery believes in artisanal, handmade, traditional baking techniques which is why we have the factory and oven on site. Most of the breads we bake are made with whole grains and go through a slow proofing process, which sharpens and improves the taste. We select only the finest ingredients and, when possible, use natural and organic ingredients. The bakery bakes both sweet and savory items. The cafe serves premium coffee, next to light meals, made from fresh products that just came out of the oven.
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Go here for an amazing Chocolate Babka. It is no wonder that they were rated number one in the city! Delicious!!!!

Sara F, Manager at Breads Bakery, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2014

We're so glad you agree with our Best Babka rating, Michael, and thank for sharing your recommendation! I hope we'll be seeing you around the bakery again soon for more babka and other goodies!

Reviewed April 20, 2014

Fabulous breads, cakes, salads and, yesterday, a Mediterranean-style quiche with goat cheese that melted in my mouth. Not cheap but extraordinary quality!

Sara F, Manager at Breads Bakery, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2014

I truly appreciate your great feedback, and I'm delighted that you're such a fan of our baked goods and prepared foods. I hope we can welcome you back to the bakery again soon!

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Although smallish, the sesame baguette had it all - crunchy outside, lots of sesame seeds and a soft mouthwatering bread inside. Perfection! The chef/owner also makes a dynamite poppy seed cake, unfortunately it's only available when he's there.

Sara F, Manager at Breads Bakery, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2014

Perfection is what we strive for, and I'm so happy to hear that you loved our sesame baguette so much. Thanks for taking a moment to let me know, and I hope you'll be in to see us again very soon. We look forward to baking you another!

All the best,

Reviewed February 4, 2014

Great bobkas, but no longer can afford it. Just way too expensive! To make matters worse..just raised the price…looks like owners are getting greedy!

Sara F, Manager at Breads Bakery, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2014

I assure you we keep our prices as low as we can, Mario, but we use only the very best ingredients and have talented bakers making each and every confection by hand! Please come in again some time for a bite, a coffee, or just to say hello. We look forward to it!

All the best,

Reviewed February 2, 2014

This is an outstanding bakery with limited, very high quality products available. Their babka is unusually good, as are there rolls and sandwiches. This is a place, that will have a lasting impact on the area. There are very few bakeries like it in the area (perhaps fortunately for people like me) who don't need the temptations so much!

Sara F, Manager at Breads Bakery, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

We appreciate this warm welcome, and I'm very glad that you've loved the items that you've tried here. I hope you'll be back soon and often to try more of our confections and to enjoy your favorites. We can't wait to welcome you back!