Tripadvisor
New York City

“Great place to hang out and have a few cold ones ”
Review of The Stumble Inn

The Stumble Inn
Ranked #6,423 of 16,842 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American
Neighborhood: Lenox Hill
Neighborhood: Lenox Hill
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Food was good ,very laid back place ,cool staff and friendly environment! Not a fancy place but I enjoyed it and the drink and food options are pretty good.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (36)

Reviewed May 12, 2019 via mobile

We stopped there gor wings and beers,we know very well its s bar,but wings was dry,staff lazy and rude,ufff no more!

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed March 9, 2019

I came here after dinner with coworkers looking to relax and finish an otherwise nice evening with a few drinks. I was carrying a bag with 3 gifts I was given earlier to celebrate my last day of work, which I had also brought to the restaurant we had just left. After we ordered a round of drinks, the bouncer said that the bag needed to be removed, so I placed it under the table. He said that wasn’t good enough, and offered to hold it and give it back to us at the end of the night. I complied without a problem, despite my intuition to get out ASAP with all my belongings. When we were ready to leave, after spending over $100 on drinks, the bouncer said unapologetically and almost giddily that the bag was thrown in the garbage and there was nothing he could do. We asked to speak to the manager, who defended the bouncer (who was additionally making disgusting sexist remarks to the one woman in our group). We then called the police. They arrived, only to be told by the staff that it was all a miscommunication and that somehow my gifts had been discarded and lost, and that no one could do anything about this supposed unfortunate mixup. Although I understand it was naive of me to give my bag up, this is something that should never occur in any establishment. They clearly knew what they were doing. While we lost this battle, people need to hear what the management does to its patrons here—blatantly steal from them and then cover it up when called out, even when facing the police. While they might get away with bullying some of the younger customers, we are 30-40 year old scientists who are not used to being treated like marks. What they did was completely unacceptable and should be known to anyone who considers spending their money here. They should be investigated by the FBI and closed down as it is doubtful that this is an isolated incident.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed November 30, 2018 via mobile

Went in on a late night Thursday looking for a bite and drink after a concert. Place was packed with young people. Knew we were not the right age but the doorman said no worries, come oon in. Sat down ordered two drinks and some bar food after waiting for the waitress to some over. All good until she asks for a credit card to pay ahead?? I gave her cash, then she walked away, brought us back change, and then went to get our drinks and After that, our food. Bill was not expensive at all btw.
Anyway, she never even came back to check on us, to get its a second drink, nothing. Ate and left. The nice doorman was wrong, we were not welcome and I'm figuring it was due to our age.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed October 29, 2018

First visit: Lunch was quiet. Just a few customers. Food was good, not exceptional. The waitress recommend a cold alcoholic-tea, which was delicious! It was really nice to sit back, relax and watch NYC go by.

Second visit: Total contrast to the lunch ambience! The place was packed to the brim, though my husband and I were able to get a table immediately. Loud music, people dancing around! It was fun! We had their famous burgers. Recommended!

Date of visit: July 2018