“Pricey for no reason”
Review of Big Daddy's

Big Daddy's
Reserve with OpenTable
Big Daddy's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,440 of 14,308 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Diner
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Upper West Side
Transit: 1, 2 & 3 trains to 96th Street and 1 train to 86th Street.
Description: It's always a party at Big Daddy's! Big tasty burgers, frosty shakes and totally awesome tater tots! We are a casual, fun, cool, hip, groovy, super delicious place to get a meal or a cocktail that is always sure to hit the spot. Open 7 days a week for breakfast, lunch and dinner! It's always cool and hip with Big Daddy's! * We will close at 4 pm on Christmas Eve but will be open all day on Christmas *
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Got an order of pancakes and 2 egg omelette, and the total coat without tip $35, no drinks except a cup of coffee. Seriously, I will never go back.

Reviewed May 3, 2014

I took my kids to Big Daddy's for some good old fashioned American food and we were not disappointed. My daughter thought the mac n cheese was the best thing she had ever ate, and washed it down with a delicious Black and White cookie shake. It was outrageous! My bad boy hamburger was cooked to perfection, and I couldn't stop eating the fries. The service was great too. We can't wait to get into NYC again, and when we do, Big Daddy's will be our first stop. Loved it!!!

Reviewed March 25, 2014

Ate breakfast here. We wanted an unhealthy all American breakfast and this fitted the bill perfectly. Our waiter, john, was excellent. The food was a long time coming and he apologised twice. Lovely coffee and juice. Great pancakes and bacon. Paid $45 which was the most we paid in a diner for breakfast but it was the best.

Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

Boozy brunch kicked things off great! Our server Jon was very attentive with drinks. Excellent service all around. Cute atmosphere with friendly employees. We witnessed the head chef deal with a difficult table and he handled himself quite well; smoothing over their high maintenance problems. Everything was awesome! We just wish we could have had cosmos.....but that's a personal problem.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

Service from the waiters was great! but food was slow coming. We were very early on a Sunday morning for breakfast (blame jet lag) and that was apparently the reason for the kitchen being slow: as in they were late getting going! The food itself was good enough, though not outstanding and I think I would have preferred something a bit more traditional than the over-themed dishes on offer. All in all decent enough, but I've been to far better diners in NYC.