“Great Oysters!”
Review of Sea Fire Grill

Sea Fire Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Sea Fire Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #117 of 13,938 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Lexington and Third
Description: Offering seasonally focused, contemporary American seafood, where only the finest and freshest seafood is highlighted. Guests will be enchanted by the superb selection of raw bar favorites and delicious appetizers which include East & West Coast Oysters, Chilled Lobster, and expertly seasoned Yellowfin Tuna Tartare. Entree selections are sure to delight, with succulent Alaskan King Crab Legs, elegant Herb Basted Black Bass and the menu wouldn't be complete without the addition of SFG's Surf & Turf - tender filet mignon and buttery steamed lobster. The sleek interior, with tile floors, shimmering blue lighting, and mirrored accents give the space a modern edge while the Main Dining Room takes cues from a classic steakhouse with dark wood floors, wainscoting, and a roaring marble fireplace. SFG boasts not one but two private dining options for more intimate events. The Sea Fire Grill lends the perfect balance to refined cuisine, chic decor, and impeccable service.
Reviewed March 12, 2013

We stayed at the hotel next door, and they recommended this restaurant for its oysters. They were some of the best we ever had! We had the oysters and some wine, so I am not sure of any of the other menu items, but other people's food looked good. The service was equally as good, and the staff was very attentive.

There are newer reviews for Sea Fire Grill

Reviewed March 7, 2013

The food was fresh and delicious. Combined with a lovely interior, excellent service and attentive wait staff, this restaurant deserves five stars.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Great restaurant. Food and service are both excellent. Prices are high, 3 people $500+. As you'd expect from the name, the seafood was well presented. Equally the steaks looked good too (none of our party had steak). Service is very attentive.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

Nearly a perfect evening at Sea Fire. We got right in due to the blizzard outside, and chose it b/c it was around the corner from our hotel (W hotel, on Lex). Aside from a few goofs on the part of our server, it was a perfect evening. The service is plentiful, which is to say, they have way more servers than is necessary (or perhaps it was just a slow night) which makes one wonder how a single mistake could have been made. I had to ask THREE times for my water--my husband had nearly finished his cocktail and all I ordered was sparkling water (b/c I am pregnant). Later, two minutes after we'd ordered our two desserts (creme brulee and tiramisu, both outstanding) they came to our table with a chocolate mousse cake and sang happy birthday to me. Afterwards I said, "You have the wrong person." and our server was genuinely shocked--even though we'd been there two hours at this point and he had JUST taken my order. Additionally I'm a 38-year-old blonde and the woman at the next table, the actual birthday girl, was Asian and had to be at least 50 or older. All that said, A+ for effort, and the food was really good.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

Can't say enough about this place because the food can satisfy your greatest expectations. I had grey filet of sole in a lemon sauce that was wow. I also had a halibut steak that was one of the best fish I ever had in New York City. I love the owners and the courteous waiters. Everyone here is picture perfect and so service oriented. The experience here is one of a rare kind. The environment with soft lighting makes you feel special. It is a really nice white table cloth environment. The table settings are set in a way that gives a family privacy. The restaurant is very stylisly decorated. The soft bluish lighting really sets the mood for comfort. This place is impressive delicious and oh I would say that you can spend around $ 39.00 per person and it will be well worth your money. This has got to be one of the best fish places I have enjoyed. Well tell them sharon sent you and don't forget the luscious dessert. I would prefer if you make reservations because this is a hot spot and it surely fills up fast. Enjoy!

1  Thank s i