“Sea Fire Grill "Flakey Succulent Fish"”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Sea Fire Grill

Sea Fire Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Sea Fire Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #157 of 13,554 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Lexington and Third
Description: Offering seasonally focused, contemporary American seafood, where only the finest and freshest seafood is highlighted. Guests will be enchanted by the superb selection of raw bar favorites and delicious appetizers which include East & West Coast Oysters, Chilled Lobster, and expertly seasoned Yellowfin Tuna Tartare. Entree selections are sure to delight, with succulent Alaskan King Crab Legs, elegant Herb Basted Black Bass and the menu wouldn't be complete without the addition of SFG's Surf & Turf - tender filet mignon and buttery steamed lobster. The sleek interior, with tile floors, shimmering blue lighting, and mirrored accents give the space a modern edge while the Main Dining Room takes cues from a classic steakhouse with dark wood floors, wainscoting, and a roaring marble fireplace. SFG boasts not one but two private dining options for more intimate events. The Sea Fire Grill lends the perfect balance to refined cuisine, chic decor, and impeccable service.
New York City, New York
“Sea Fire Grill "Flakey Succulent Fish"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

Can't say enough about this place because the food can satisfy your greatest expectations. I had grey filet of sole in a lemon sauce that was wow. I also had a halibut steak that was one of the best fish I ever had in New York City. I love the owners and the courteous waiters. Everyone here is picture perfect and so service oriented. The experience here is one of a rare kind. The environment with soft lighting makes you feel special. It is a really nice white table cloth environment. The table settings are set in a way that gives a family privacy. The restaurant is very stylisly decorated. The soft bluish lighting really sets the mood for comfort. This place is impressive delicious and oh I would say that you can spend around $ 39.00 per person and it will be well worth your money. This has got to be one of the best fish places I have enjoyed. Well tell them sharon sent you and don't forget the luscious dessert. I would prefer if you make reservations because this is a hot spot and it surely fills up fast. Enjoy!

Visited February 2013
1 Thank s i

• Korean first
Holden, Massachusetts
“Do Not Miss this one”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

I can only agree with all the other glowing reviews of the Sea Fire Grill. We had an absolutely amazing lunch during the recent NYC blizzard. The food was fresh, beyond delicious, and beautifully presented. Of particular note is the extensive wine list, and the extreme expertise of the sommelier, Jason. Would love to return.

• Visited February 2013
Lakeland, Florida
“Excellent seafood”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

We enjoyed our dinner at the Sea Fire grill. I ordered the snapper, which was impeccably fresh. We're from Florida, and it tasted like it had just come out of the water! My husband had bass, and he liked my entree a little more than his. The atmosphere was very nice. The dining areas are nicely, and simply, decorated and the fireplace was welcome, since we were there in January. We had a little glitch on our Open Table points, but we were able to resolve the problem with the manager. My only suggestion is they might try to have soft background music or something to drown out the noise. Some might like the energy, but I prefer it a little quieter. Anyway, I would return but because of the prices (we paid approx. $200 for dinner), it would have to be a special occasion.

San Francisco, California
“Over the top terrific!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

We made our fifth visit to NYC during the recent freeze and in the name of warmth and seafood, we selected the brand new Sea Fire Grill. Out of our three dinners we had this trip, this one was number one in every way: service, ambiance, and food. The room is light and fresh and had an inviting fire lit. The fish too ( I had the snapper and my husband had the halibut) was light, fresh, and very hot. We felt special there at the Sea Fire Friday night, and not because we entered with snow on our shoulders, but because whoever owns and is managing the staff and kitchen understands perfectly how to please guests. We will go back!

Miami Beach, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Upscale seafood at its best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

When I found out the team behind Benjamin Steakhouse, one of my favorite restaurants, was opening a new seafood place, I got very excited and couldn’t wait to try it.
Made a reservation for Friday night and I am happy to report that it did not disappoint. Loved everything about it!
The Place: Upon entering you will notice soft blue lighting (to resemble the blue sea water, I presume) which is very easy on the eyes, soothing and, yes,… flattering! It also has this round mirrors that project the same soft blue light, and ceiling fixtures that resemble ships’ portholes. Table cloth lined tables with beautiful chairs complete the look.
The place was full by 8pm and you can definitely hear the volume in conversations, but it is not so overpowering that detracts from the overall experience.
Looking around I got the impression that there were lots of “locals” already, which is always a good sign.
The People: when we arrived we were greeted by a gracious hostess and escorted to a table between the bar and the main dining room (a diner in our party had mobility issues and, although it is only 2 little steps down to the main dining room, we appreciated their noticing and offering that table as an alternative which we gladly accepted)
It was nice to see Benjamin there (whom I know from having been to his other restaurant) and also met Jason, amazing wine sommelier who told me about they have over 500 different wines, and Aaron (sp), one of the restaurant managers who were gracious hosts throughout the night.
The waiters worked seamlessly and paid attention to detail: water/wine refills, napkin folding, bread…
The food: DELICIOUS!
I was expecting a copy of Benjamin Steakhouse and I was so pleasantly surprised that IT IS NOT.
It is an upscale Seafood Restaurant that also has very good steaks.
We ordered oysters, crab cake and mussels for appetizers. Lobster and bone-in filet mignon for the main course with creamed spinach, asparagus and hash browns for sides.
The oysters were perfect with the sauces provided; the mussels were medium size but “meaty”. I didn’t have great expectations for the crab cakes since I only found a few places where they were made well but what a surprise: I think it was the best of all the appetizers.
The (huge) boiled lobster was sweet and cooked to perfection as was the filet mignon.
I can’t say much about desserts since we had no room left for it but we ordered a crème brule which was very tasty.
Experience: AMAZING!