“Fantastic movie location”

18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Fantastic movie location”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We were fortunate for the doors of this firehouse to be open when we visited. There is a movie prop from Ghostbusters 2 on the wall on the left hand side.

I had found this place by accident on a trip to NYC in 1995 and they also filmed "It Could Happen to You" with Nicolas Cage across the street. Always wanted to go back to the firehouse as back then there were no digital cameras and only had a blurred one of it!

My wife found it fascinating and if you're a fan of the films, it's definitely worth seeing!

Visited October 2012

• Czech first
Leicester, United Kingdom
190 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 190 helpful votes
“Great traditional Fire House”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I always stay in TriBeCa when I come to NYC and walked by this fire house by chance after eating breakfast at Pecan near the Franklin St subway.

As I love NY firetrucks and firehouses I was very happy to have stumbled across this one. I had my photo taken with one of the firefighters from Ladder 8 when they were doing some maintenance of some sort near my hotel on West Broadway.

I didn't even realise it had a connection to Ghostbusters until ages later as I have never seen the film.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank big-blue-eyes
Dundee
56 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 135 helpful votes
“Only Go If You Are Passing”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Mrs B and I made the downtown trip as part of a long walk, to nip passed the Firestation featured in Ghostbusters. There is nothing to see apart from the outside of the building and it appeared to be closed as a working Fire House. Cool if you are a Ghostbuster's fan, but don't go out of your way as really there's nowt much to see.

Visited March 2013