Open today: 10:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Book In Advance
In high demand - travelers recommend booking ahead!

Ways to Experience Music Box Theatre
from $148.06
from $35.00
from $70.00
More Info
All reviews second row historic theater orchestra level nice theater ben platt balcony seats front row second act during intermission orchestra seats entire cast great seats times square new york evan hansen stage
Reviewed August 9, 2017 via mobile

Just watched Dear Evan Hansen at this seems nice. Balcony isn't so big that you're too far from the stage. Leg room seemed decent...and I'm 6'6". I'be certainly been in much less comfortable and smaller seats in other theaters. The front of the orchestra looks like some might find it uncomfortable because of the height of the stage.

Getting in was a breeze but maybe we just got there at just the right time. Getting out was relatively painless too.

Reviewed August 9, 2017 via mobile

My kids, daughter age 14 and son age 11 and I saw Dear Evan Hansen here in July. See my review of Dear Evan Hansen. Located about 25 yards from the lobby of the Marriot Marquis our hotel. The theater is small with 984 seats I recall. Not a bad seat in the house. We sat in the orchestra level on the right 5 rows from the stage. The acoustics and sound system are excellent. The seats are comfortable. There is a concessions are at a lower level. Restrooms are located there. The restroom facilities were fairly clean. Souvenirs are sold at the lower level as well. There are a couple of employees stationed at he rear of the orchestra and upper level who sell drinks and snacks.
We were able to go back stage thanks to my friend Nathaniel Hill of Broadway VIP Services. The stage itself is tilted towards the audience. It's not a flat stage. The sets either raise from the floor or drop down from the ceiling. We met with Will Roland one of the actors who provided great insights into Broadway in terms of preparing for a career there. Just a great theater and experience thanks to my friend Nathaniel Hill.

Reviewed August 3, 2017 via mobile

There's a reason this play won the Tony-well, many reasons . First, Ben Platt truly was amazing as Evan Hanson. The story was good and the music sensational. Now there were a couple of substitutions for cast members in tonight's performance but this is Broadway where everybody is immensely gifted. How could anyone really tell? Oh, the Music Box is a lovely old NYC theatre in a city of lovely theatres. It's always a treat to see a play in these grand old buildings. I won't tell you more about Evan Hanson because I don't want to spoil it for you. It is a bit difficult to get tickets on the weekend but we were able to get tickets for a Tuesday night performance since we were on vacation. I suspect this play could last a while but do try to see Ben Platt's performance if possible.

Reviewed July 11, 2017 via mobile

My wife and I came from Texas to see Dear Evan Hansen and had a great time with so many hard working talented people. Unfortunately many of the intimate moments of the show were ruined by what sounded like a squeaky fan. Unsure whether it was coming from off stage left or through the air conditioning. Colton Ryan had an off night which of course can happen with such a challenging role to play. However, one would think that the house managers would be able to find the source of such an annoying high pitched squeaky sound.

Reviewed June 9, 2017 via mobile

Dear Evan Hansen is an excellent show (see my separate review for it) but sitting in the front row boarders on painful. I was really on the second row hard stage right and there was a wall in front of me. I had to lean over to even see part of the stage. A sweet woman had an extra ticket on the front row so I thanked her and grabbed it. It was better than the first one but painful for my neck towards the end. You also get spit on by the actors