“make the most of your trip”

Jared the NYC Tour Guide
Ranked #157 of 639 Tours in New York City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Passion, energy, intelligence, intensity! Discover NYC's innovations, sights, surprises, history, architecture, beauty. Have a memorable and fun time. I seek to be the highlight of your voyage, with excellent service, and true dramatic storytelling. Good for all ages. Become a confident honorary New Yorker with me.
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Touring with Jared was the perfect way to make use of a small window of time in NYC. My brother and I were interested in disparate topics (9/11, Jane Jacobs/urban planning), but Jared was able to combine them in a coherent, meaningful way so we could both see what we wanted. Not only that, but he was really intuitive about picking up on what struck our fancy as the tour was occurring and making on-the-fly adjustments and additions so that the tour was truly custom-made for us. It dawned on me later that much of what we saw and did Jared was probably doing for the umpteenth time, but you never would have guessed it, so fresh and enthusiastic was his attitude. He truly loves the city and loves what he does, and he's funny, smart, and personable, so it was just such a positive way to make us feel like we did so much in what was only a short couple of days in NY. Highly recommend, regardless of the size of your group, the amount of time you have, or what your interests are.

1  Thank tellyawhat
JaredTheNYCTourGuide, Owner at Jared the NYC Tour Guide, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Dear TellYouWhat (you know who),

Thank you for visiting NYC, especially with me!

I had a great time making up a custom tour for you and your brother, which I call "Jane Jacobs and the World Trade Center." Your brother is an Urban Planner, so it was fun to create a tour that touched on that great Urban Planner's lessons and how they relate to original Rockefeller Center, the new Rockefeller Center, the original World Trade Center, the new World Trade Center, and her Greenwich Village neighborhood. It was fun to quote her and some poetry, too. I wish we could have spent a few more hours together to see why I call Central Park and Grand Central the Grandfather and the Father of Rockefeller Center. Besides, any day that includes Central Park, Grand Central, and Greenwich Village is truly a great day.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

We had a wonderful time New York City and we couldn't have done it without Jared the NYC Tour Guide. He was exactly what our group needed. He took our large group all over the city and provided a plethera of knowledge and information about the history of New York City. As I said, we had a large group of all different ages and he provided fun and entertainment for all of us. He has a great personality and is very charismatic. We loved the tour and we loved Jared. We are definitely coming back and will be seeing Jared again! Thanks for a wonderful time. I would certainly recommend Jared.

Hi Teresa.

Thank you for your kind review.

I enjoyed working with you from the start. You and your young ladies' enthusiasm as we planned our tour, and much of the rest of your time in NYC, was so rewarding.

The rain was a bit tough, but we adapted and had a great time, and the part about the World Trade Center was very meaningful. I am glad I wrapped my book of pictures up so it wouldn't get soaked.

I look forward to touring with you again in my beloved NYC.

Maybe I will see you in Charleston. You made it sound so good.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

We so enjoyed meeting and spending time with Jared while we were in New York City recently. Our Girl Scout troop was visiting from Charleston, SC. We had a large group of 20, yet we all had a great time and thoroughly enjoyed his tour. He took us to John's Pizza in Greenwich Village for lunch, and it was the perfect spot for us. He was very knowledgable and completely catered his tour to our needs. It was a day of steady rain, so he took us through indoor passageways to keep us as dry as possible. He's a super guy and the best NYC tour guide out there. I can't recommend him enough!!

2  Thank Kim D
JaredTheNYCTourGuide, Owner at Jared the NYC Tour Guide, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Kim,

Thank you for bringing such a smart, kind and fun group to NYC!

Figuring out the tunnels and subway routes to keep dry was part of the fun.

John's Pizzeria was very nice to allow me use my pictures to tell stories of the World Trade Center, which enriched our visit to the National 9/11 Memorial. Having a private room helped.

I appreciate your positive review. It means a lot to me.

Jared your NYC Tour Guide Goldstein

P.S. I hope to visit Charleston soon. Y'all made it sound so good.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

I must have e-mailed all the Tour Guides in NYC but finally decided on Jared the NYC Tour Guide - what a good decision!! Prior to arriving in NYC I think I nearly drove him insane with all my queries and special requests but he displayed unbelievable patience and always responded promptly this gave me the confidence that I would be well taken care of in NYC. Jared customized an awesome tour for me and made some really good suggestions about how we should approach the day. Jared is so knowledgeable and was able to talk off the cuff on a multitude of topics, e.g., I have a real interest in the Habour being from the Logistics industry, he gave me some great insight about the NYC Habour operation on our way to Staten Island. He was also kind enough to accommodate a friend of mine that decided that he would like to join me on the Tour unexpectedly, he was able to help with reservations and get him into the Memorial at the last minute. It was fasinating how he could spontaneously talk about three of the people depicted at the Staten Island 9/11 Memorial - such awesome stories, they will remain with me always. Jared is a character with a great sense of humour, a very decent chap that I felt safe and comfortable with, I would highly recommend him!!

1  Thank Shelley-Ann T
JaredTheNYCTourGuide, Owner at Jared the NYC Tour Guide, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Shelly,

Thank you for visiting NYC and touring with me. It was a lot of fun touring with you who are so curious and aware, and sensitive. I am lucky to have such great guests.

Thank you also for your thoughtful review.

Jared your NYC Tour Guide Goldstein

Reviewed April 25, 2013

That was a very interesting and funny and very individual tour. Now i can say. I´m a NewYorker. I can recommend this.

1  Thank Didi D
JaredTheNYCTourGuide, Owner at Jared the NYC Tour Guide, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

D.D.: It was a pleasure touring with you for two days!

I hope your goal of using touring to improve your English language skills worked. I remember us writing down notes for vocabulary and idioms (sayings).

It was fun touring with a Graphic Artist who likes architecture and urban planning. The first day we experienced Bushwick or East Williamsburg to look at graffiti and a diverse neighborhood in transition. Then we walked through hip Williamsburg all the way to Polish food in Greenpoint.

Day 2 we went to Harlem where three local people that I know spontaneously shared so much about their personal and professional lives in Harlem. We experienced soul food, all sorts of neighborhoods, theaters, a mosque, churches, a library, and a blues club and a jazz club both of which have been around for 40-70 years. I also shared stories about my work in Harlem from my non-profit housing days. We also experienced a couple of local characters like Otis Houston, Jr who performs with fruit.

D.D., please visit again!