“Perfect Brunch”
Review of Sotto 13

Sotto 13
Reserve with OpenTable
Sotto 13 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,954 of 14,394 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: West Village
Cross street: 6th & 7th Ave
Description: Italian-inspired menu featuring handcrafted pasta, house-made charcuterie, fish & meats from Executive Chef Ed Cotton, who brings new interpretations to old classics. Also featuring a wood-burning oven for roasted dishes and wood-fired pizza. Chef Cotton has led the kitchens of world-renowned restaurants and celebrated chefs including David Burke, Daniel Boulud, Laurent Tourondel and Barbara Lynch. He has also competed on Bravo TV's Top Chef and Iron Chef America as Sous Chef to Iron Chef Cat Cora. Weekend Brunch - A social experience designed for the table. All selections served center of table, on platters to share. Includes our brunch cocktails. $35 pp (Requires full table participation. Includes a bottle of sparkling wine or large carafe of bloody mary or mimosa per 2 guests) Ala carte menu also available. DIY (Do it yourself) Prosecco Bar - be your own bartender at the table and mix and match a variety of liqueurs, purees and add-ins with flowing glasses of prosecco. Available at brunch. Happy Hour - 2 for $13 cocktails / 2 for $10 beer / special menu. (Mon - Fri; 5 pm - 7 pm) Private Dining - Host your next group dining event at Sotto 13.
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Sotto 13 was just a few steps away from our holiday rental apartment and we couldn´t resist their brunch offering. In fact, we couldn´t resist it twice. This has to be the best value brunch deal ever. 2 (large) tapas and a side dish each plus unlimited cocktails - what´s not to like.

We really felt like old friends here - the waiter remembered us and brought our Bloody Marys without being asked. That´s what I call service. If I ever get back to New York this will be my go to for a brilliant brunch.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

I had the most wonderful birthday dinner last night at Sotto 13. The food, the service, drinks, it was all amazing. This birthday will be one that I hope to never forget. My friends can't stop emailing today about the great time we had. Thank you Guiseppe and staff for a memorable evening.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We went here looking for good pizza on Sunday for lunch. The pizza was good, but the service was not very good. It might have been because we were a family, and they were serving a more upscale brunch crowd. They never offered us drinks, never checked on how the food was. We asked for a refill on the bread and never got it.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

I really wanted to like this place - it's close to where I live, the menu sounded great and the pictures on the website looked fantastic too. So I went there on a Sunday evening with my wife. We were seated in the main room at the back and apart from us only ONE (!) other table was busy. Still, we enjoyed ourselves since this was a special evening for us. We had booked the table for 7pm and everything we ordered came quite quickly - a starter of Fennel sausage and peppers, which was a bit greasy, but fine. My pizza was delicious (Arugula and Bresaola), so I would probably come back for that one. My wife had ordered her Brussels Sprout pizza solely on the grounds of it being advertised as containing Fontina cheese rather than Mozzarella, but the actual pizza she got had hardly any cheese on it. So she was disappointed. One of the wines we ordered was unavailable, but the ones we actually got were okay. We wouldn't have minded any of this, because we still enjoyed each other's company and the nice ambiance. BUT the real let-down was the poor service! I am so surprised it is praised in most reviews here. Our waitress clearly does not belong in such a place, as she lacked the basics of common sense and good manners. There were a couple of minor issues before this (like her watching us while we are choosing from the menu). As I said, the restaurant was half empty, we had booked our table for 7pm and by 7.45 (!), while my wife was still drinking coffee AND we were clearly having an intimate conversation, she suddenly came over to our table WITH THE CHECK! We had not asked for it yet, we were still deciding whether we should have some Prosecco to celebrate, we were in the middle of a romantic conversation, and she just bursts into this with a check. This is extremely rude and unacceptable. Never ever in NY, not even in places which are absolute hotspots and where you are only given time slots when you book, has a waiter brought a check without having been asked for it. At that point I was rather angry and of course we decided not to have any drinks any more. I paid in cash, to which she asked, "Do you need the change?" I beg your pardon? Do I need the change? Or isn't it rather a reward for good service? I just told her to keep it and we left - with a very sour aftertaste...
I was very disappointed. Especially since we had only been there for 45 minutes and the place was almost empty I find this absolutely unacceptable!

1  Thank frank b
Reviewed April 14, 2013

For $25, unlimited brunch drinks and either a small pizza or 2 tapas and 1 side dish. Good food, service was great and it wasn't crowded (not sure why- but that definitely added to the experience).