“Great food”
Review of Blue Smoke

Blue Smoke
Reserve with OpenTable
Blue Smoke is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #265 of 14,199 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: TriBeCa
Cross street: North End Avenue & West Street
Transit: We are located at 255 Vesey Street between North End Avenue and West Street (West Side Highway). You can take the E train to the World Trade Center stop and proceed west towards the West Side Highway. You can also take the 2 or 3 trains to the Park Place stop and walk west along Park Place to Murray Street. Continue across West Side Highway.
Description: Danny Meyer's Blue Smoke serves mouthwatering authentic pit barbecue using prime meats, fowl and fish, accompanied by farm-fresh seasonal vegetable side dishes and soulful home-style cakes and pies.
Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

Really enjoyed it! Great place with excellent service. Our waiter was awesome (from our daughters mouth). She was also able to make her own cookie for dessert.

Reviewed June 16, 2014

We were a family group, from 66 down to 1. The kids were very well catered for, the adults enjoyed excellent ribs - And the Blue Smoke beer was just perfect! Nicely balanced, cool, a 20oz "pint" - a pleasant end to a relaxed day.

Reviewed June 16, 2014

Came here for lunch after going on the Staten Island ferry and received a warm welcome from the team serving. Ordered the ribs, which were superb. Great BBQ sauce and very generous portions. One thing you won't be when you leave is hungry. My husband tried the taster beer option and asked our waiter to choose, this was also great. They picked a wide range of beers that he might not have tried otherwise and whilst he liked some. Ore than others, it was a great idea. We loved the atmosphere here. We arrived a little after 1pm and it was very busy, but the service was quick and friendly, so no complaints from us. We would have gone again, but we had to come home!

Reviewed June 5, 2014

We stopped here last night (06/04/14) for dinner after visiting the Statue of Liberty. We are from Memphis so we are anxious to see how NY did BBQ. We were not disappointed. I had the smoked applewood chicken and it was good. It wasn't dry and it had a great taste to it. My wife had the ribs and she really enjoyed them. My kids had ribs also and they didn't leave any meat on the bone. The sides were ok. I had mashed potatoes and onion straws which were ok. My son had mac and cheese and it was ok but I make better mac and cheese at home. The service was excellent. they took really good care of us from the moment we hit the door. I really enjoyed the atmosphere. My son that it wasn't a place for 11 year olds but he saw a good number of kids in the restaurant after we walked in. There were a lot of professionals hanging out after work and having a drink or two but it never got out too loud. They also have outdoor seating that is really nice on a beautiful day. I would definitely recommend this spot to my friends. It's good food with excellent service.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

A sweet waitress arrived while my husband was in the rest room and asked if we prefer bottled or tap water She disappeared and then came back apologizing for the wait. There's a choice when ordering Brisket. We were asked if we wanted the lean or the marbled which is fattier but always a tastier and more tender cut. I asked for the juiciest ribs. I ended up with a dry rubbed rack. Hubby's top three slices of brisket were tender , juicy and fabulous. The bottom three were dry and hard. The waitress apologized and brought replacements. We asked for a check and a wrap for the leftover ribs, a slice of brisket and our side of mac and cheese. We received someone else's check.Another apology. We arrived home and opened our doggy bag. The leftover $9 side of mac and cheese was not packed up. Don't think we will be returning. We apologize.