“Will be back for the ribs”
Review of Blue Smoke

Blue Smoke
Reserve with OpenTable
Blue Smoke is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #265 of 14,199 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: TriBeCa
Cross street: North End Avenue & West Street
Transit: We are located at 255 Vesey Street between North End Avenue and West Street (West Side Highway). You can take the E train to the World Trade Center stop and proceed west towards the West Side Highway. You can also take the 2 or 3 trains to the Park Place stop and walk west along Park Place to Murray Street. Continue across West Side Highway.
Description: Danny Meyer's Blue Smoke serves mouthwatering authentic pit barbecue using prime meats, fowl and fish, accompanied by farm-fresh seasonal vegetable side dishes and soulful home-style cakes and pies.
Reviewed December 26, 2013

We were there on a business lunch, so I could not order the ribs. I got the pulled pork which was very good so I can only imagine how great the ribs would have been. I liked the fact that they had several different BBQ sauces on the table. I will be back to try the ribs and their beers (they had a nice variety of beers/drinks). The atmosphere is simple and nice. The service was fine, the waitress did drop a drink on a patron, as the space is tight as they try to fit in extra chairs to get more people in there.

Reviewed December 20, 2013

We had two trips for dinner at Blue Smoke in Battery Park City, the first time round we over ordered food (started with pork rinds, Hush Puppies and Fry Bread, and I found myself unpleasantly surprised by the hot sauce used on the pulled pork platter - no mention of this on the menu, while my family were challenged by the size of the ribs, (which we accompanied with sweet potato wedges, brussels sprouts and pit beans). Second time we ordered less and I was able to have the beef brisket, (which sells out some evenings), which was lean and tasty. Exercising some restraint meant that we even managed the dessert sampler on the second visit. My wife and son liked Blue Smoke more than me, but then I'm not a fan of hot sauce on bbq food, which I have to come to believe is the US equivalent of the UK's love of hot curries.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

New York has never been a hotbed for ribs … Tennessee Mountain and Wylie's used to be the best. But, one has gone downhill (™) and one has been out of business for years. So, the search for great ribs has been arduous.

Now one one would not expect that the owner of Gramercy Tavern, Union Square Café, Eleven Madison Park, and the Shake Shack, would also be focused on ribs … but, we should all be glad that he is! Memphis-style, Kansas City-style, baby backs, beef ribs, across the board, these are tasty, succulent ribs with great sauces. Side dishes are very large and enjoyable; the ambiance is very cool.

Every time I have an opportunity to do so, I hit Blue Smoke for ribs. You should do so too … you'll truly enjoy the experience.

Reviewed December 14, 2013

This BBQ restaurant was just the thing for a cold evening, serving up a tasty rack of ribs (although could have been cooked slightly longer) and an intriguing list of independent microbrewery ales and beers from around the States. Nice ambience, no music on this occasion, very good service.

Would come again.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

We stopped in at Blue Smoke for lunch on Black Friday. We had wonderful burgers, sweet potato fries, and smoked pulled pork sandwiches. We also sampled one of the craft beers on tap. The atmosphere is great and there's room between tables so that you aren't sharing your neighbors' conversations. Lunch for four was just under $100 including tip. The waiters are charming and the service is prompt.