“Fabulous Hotel and Location”

Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Midtown Manhattan/Penn Station
Ranked #119 of 467 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Fabulous Hotel and Location”
Reviewed February 28, 2014

When they say Penn Station...they mean it...out an exit from Penn Station and it is only a third of a block to the entrance of the hotel... The hotel hasn't been open a full year and it looks great. The rooms are spacious and the free breakfast was perfect...Location, Location, Location...about two blocks from Macy's and other shopping on 34th street. Front Desk, Bellman and Restaurant breakfast employees are friendly and go out of their way to help and give information and directions...all in all a great weekend in New York City...

2 Thank Mark L
NYCPS1, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Midtown Manhattan/Penn Station, responded to this review, March 1, 2014
Mark L thank you so much for the 5 star review! We couldn't agree more that our location is definitely one of the best in New York! We pride ourselves on our customer service so are thrilled to see that the staff was there to assist with your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Mark Thomson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (281)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
Faisalabad Pakistan
Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed in Hampton Inns in Manhattan in the past. This hotel is new and very crisp and clean. Staff is great. Rooms are big by Manhattan standard. You can't go wrong with location here. Everything you need is nearby. Breakfast area and breakfast itself are wonderful.

I paid usd122+ per night for two nights. It is wort each and every penny I paid. But I check the prices online and as the summer sets in, the go as high as usd340+.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Qaftab thank you choosing the Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Penn Station for your recent stay. We are excited to hear the hotel was perfect for your travel needs and appreicate you taking the time to share your stay with us.
We hope when your travel plans bring you back to NYC we have the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Scranton
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Stayed here this past weekend and enjoyed our stay. The hotel is beautiful and well maintained. Make sure to visit the balcony for some amazing NYC views. Prices are very reasonable and a great breakfast was included.
I did, however, not appreciate the bell person getting our bags making a point that he works on tips and should receive one. I worked in hospitality for many years and know that. Theres no need to request a tip. Besides this rude bell person, every other staff was very nice and welcoming.

Room Tip: Get a room with the city view
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the view from the roof Terrance - it is definitely breathe-taking. We are sadden to hear about the experience you encountered with our bell staff and we will certainly look into that as it very concerning to us.
If you travel plans bring you back to NYC please contact me directly as I will ensure you have a flawless stay.

Phillipsburg, New Jersey
Reviewed February 20, 2014

The hotel is only a block away from Penn Station! We had a speedy check in and the room was very modern and update! Front desk clerk Isa was very friendly and even gave us suggestions for a few good bakeries in town. They had to change our bed type, but gave us a room with a city view so it was well worth it! My boyfriend and I plan on using this hotel again whenever we visit NYC! Thank you so much for a great stay!

Room Tip: ask for a room with a city view!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
NYCPS1, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Midtown Manhattan/Penn Station, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Hotelhoney85 thank you so mich for the 5 star review of our hotel - we are thrilled to hear that you had a great stay and found the location of the hotel to be so convenient. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Fairfield Inn & Suites Penn Station soon!

Pleasant Gap, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 20, 2014

My husband and I stayed here overnight as we went to a concert at Madison Square Garden. It was a quick walk from Penn Station, and MSG was only a few steps away. It was very convenient! The price was extremely reasonable for the room and the location. The room was clean and bright and comfortable. We had a great view as well which was an unexpected surprise. The customer service was very good as well, and they were very friendly and helpful. They offer a complimentary breakfast, but we had to get up early the next day and rush back home so we didn't have time to check it out. All in all we were very pleased and would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Jessy1021 thank you for the great review of our property! We are excited to hear that your stay was good and hope next time you have time to enjoy our Fresh Hot Breakfast! We know you have so many choices in New York City and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

Good location, reasonable price, fair size room which was well decorated and spotlessly clean. Big comfortable American hotel spec bed was most welcome after a day walking around New York. The staff are friendly and helpfull. The complementary breakfast looked okay but we chose to use the tick tock diner which is just round the corner

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Ridgeland, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed February 18, 2014

I had reserved a double bed room weeks in advnace. When we arrived and got to the room it was a handicapped room and the beds looked like they were twins. I didn't complain because it was really late and I figured we probably had more room in the wheelchair accessible room anyway. Staff was ok, with the exception of Terrance, who was rude and arrogant. Breakfast was free but it was terrible. My credit card on file was charged in the middle of the night without my consent. Thankfully, I check my statement every morning and caught it.
There is no ATM in this hotel. If you need one, you have to walk down the street. The maid service here is terrible!!! Had to ask for towels, soap and toilet paper from front desk. Maid didn't show up at all one day. Called front desk and was told she WOULD be there; never showed up. The next day she actually refused to clean our room. Told staff and 4 hours later room was still dirty. Finally she came, made up one bed and left...no soap, tissue, etc.
The elevators here are a joke. There are 3 extremely slow elevators for the entire hotel. About 10 minute wait each time you use an elevator here. And, each and every night, there is a strange ticking noise/vibration that you hear continually. It seems to be coming from somewhere in the walls.
I had such high hopes when I booked my vacation at this hotel. I will NEVER recommend this hotel to anyone, nor will I ever stay here again. This is NOT a typical Marriott property. This is more like a days inn or econolodge. There are many more nicer hotel options for similar price in NY. I thought I had found a great hotel at a great price...wish I had kept looking.

• Stayed February 2014
4 Thank altmansgirl247
NYCPS1, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Midtown Manhattan/Penn Station, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
altmansgirl247 thank you for your feedback on our hotel. I am saddened to read your review and hear the incidents that occurred. Our number one goal at the Fairfield Inn & Suites is to provide excellent service and we clearly fell short during your stay with us. I would like to discuss your stay with your personally. If you can please contact me at your earliest convenience I can be reached at 212-563-0900 extension 4905. I value you as a guest of ours and would like to have the opportunity to discuss the stay.