Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Midtown Manhattan/Penn Station
GreenLeadersSilver level
Mclean VA
“Awesome stay”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

We stayed here for Christmas and I must say the we had an awesome experience.

Room was very clean. Good views.
Beds were clean and made well.
The carpet was clean. Not at all sticky (surprising since even Sheraton had sticky carpet).
Spacious bathrooms.
Good support on the bed for a good nights sleep.
Breakfast spread was OK (for a vegetarian, only 2 items cereal and fruit). Coffee was OK.
Good storage space too.

Overall, it was an awesome experience.

Room Tip: Ask for a room 8th floor or above.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank PVamsiK
NYCPS1, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Midtown Manhattan/Penn Station, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
PVamsiK thank you so much for the great 5 star review and for sharing your Christmas here with us at the Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Penn Station. We definitely look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon!

Best Regards,
Mark Thomson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (279)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed December 28, 2013

I'd chosen this accommodation because of its location - a stone away from the Penn Station, walking distance to the Times Square, etc. We stayed here for two nights. The breakfast foods are standard of most of the Fairfield Inn chain of hotels. The car park is a bit expensive as we drove here to New York from our State. What do you expect in New York City? Perhaps the morning staff are friendlier than the evening staff. Reasons of our 2nd visit to this city are family shortest get-away and to watch the Broadway show - The Phantom of the Opera. My two children and I enjoyed the show while the spouse had the "me-alone-time". My youngest child (10 yo) wanted to watch the show again. Our hotel room was opposite of the lift hence we could hear noises from the other hotel guests while waiting for the lift. On our 2nd night there, I had to get out of our room (still on my pj) and asked the guests politely to lower down their voices as I'd children sleeping. As the hotel closed to the Penn Station, we got on the train to go to New Jersey - to visit the bake shop from the famous tv show "Cake Boss".

Room Tip: Request not to have the room opposite the lift especially when you have children.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed December 27, 2013

The decorating in this hotel is lovely but it's not a place to stay if you're in a hurry. The staff overall aren't great. The concierge assumes you've never been to New York before. The elevators get so busy it can be a ten minute wait, especially when cleaning staff are finishing for the day. The day we left, I held a cab outside while my daughter went in to get our luggage, which had been checked for the day. Although she could see the luggage, the desk staff wouldn't get it because it wasn't their job. They were calling for a bellboy, who didn't show up. She kept saying she was in a rush but they wouldn't get the luggage for her. I finally ran into the lobby as well to see what the problem was, fearing our cab would leave. After more than ten minutes, she eventually grabbed the luggage and ran! This at least roused the desk staff to run after her, yelling, but we jumped in the taxi and took off. We only barely made our plane.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Marilyn L
Lansdale, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 27, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed one night at this hotel on Dec. 22nd. It was conveniently located very close to Penn Station so it was nice to be able to unload our suitcase/bags before hitting the town. The hotel is only 9 months old so everything is still very fresh, clean and new. The desk staff was very friendly. The room and bathroom were also clean. I paid the extra $30 for a city view and it was worth it. For being a new hotel, the towels could have been bigger and more "plush" but it's hard to find nice towels in hotels most of the time. The breakfast buffet was good and the replacement of the food they ran out of was quick. I would definitely stay here again and recommend this hotel to a friend or family member. It was a good value for the price.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Indy
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Stayed one night for a Knicks game. Hotel is one block from M.S.G. Room was spotless! Got a very early check-in{w/o asking! I was just going to drop off luggage!} Isa, the young lady who checked me in was amazing!! Friendly, personable, and seemed to love her job. I felt very welcomed!! The hotel is new and the breakfast was above average. Wish I could've stayed longer.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Brad M
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed December 24, 2013

I chose this Fairfield Inn for a night stay during a weekend in NYC because of the location and the relatively affordable cost (only 169.99 on a Friday before Xmas weekend).

Location: The hotel is at 33rd St between 8th and 9th avenues, just a block from Penn Station and the MSG. Perfectly located if you're coming by train, metro or the airport shuttles which drop you near the station. The place is quiet and has lots of restaurants and cafes around.

Service: check in was pretty fast and got upgraded from a non-city view to a city view room because of my elite status. The ladies at the front desk were very nice and helpful. I tried to get a late check out at 2pm because I had a late flight but they couldn't do it no more than 1.30. They could have given me half an hour more, poor customer satisfaction there.
Hot breakfast in the morning was a plus, I didn't expect it from a Fairfield Inn so this was a nice surprise. Nice selection of eggs, sausages, potatoes, yogurts, fruits and breads. The eating area is large so there was room for everyone!
The rooftop had a fantastic view of downtown manhattan, a great skyline worth a couple of bucks in other places. It has a bar but seems to be closed during wintertime.

Room: Perfect room size for the average NYC hotel. Clean, new and modern furniture all around, big TV with lots of channels and a comfortable king bed. The bathroom was surprisingly big, with a huge shower. WiFi worked excellent throughout the room and the whole hotel.

Excellent hotel in NYC with great location, hot breakfast in the morning a plus, great rooms. They could have given me half an hour more of late check out given my Platinum status but whatever. I will recommend this one to my family and friends, and would be top choice to stay again in the big apple.

Room Tip: try to get a room with a city view!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Nicolas M
L.I., NY
Reviewed December 22, 2013

This Marriott is in a convenient location around the corner from Penn Station. So easy if travelling by train to drop off luggage if you are too early for check in, or in our case, we checked out, secured our luggage, enjoyed the day, then picked it up our bag before catching our train.
Our room was on the 14th floor in the rear of the hotel, so we had an OK view with none of the construction noise which was taking place on 33rd St. The room was small, but super clean, the bathroom spacious with the usual Marriot amenities. Very comfortable bed, and would stay there again. Only quibbles: 1. There was no fridge in the room 2. We had a few friends come by to have a drink in the rooftop bar, only to discover it is closed for the winter season. (This should have been made clear on the website) We did find the Refinery's rooftop bar open and humming with an outstanding view of the Empire State building awash in red and green for Christmas. Beautiful! Overall, this Marriott Fairfield was convenient for travelling for an overnight or weekend trip.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends