“What a yummy surprise!!!”
Review of Darling Coffee

Darling Coffee
Ranked #284 of 683 Coffee & Tea in New York City
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Darling Coffee is DELIGHTFUL & DELICIOUS!!! I'm always surprised when I come in to attack their PM baguettes - it's usually a variety of different cuts of meat ranging from turkey and pork with artichoke spreads, butter or some type of Dijon mustard...ugh just great.

But let me address the sweets for the people who enjoy pastries, cakes, cookies and things of such. The owners and bakers in this establishment are so damn creative - it's sickening! I've indulged on homemade banana bread made with Nutella, ginger bundt cake made with guiness, lemon tart, three milk cake with papaya...with occasional special treats such as Foccacia and herbed goat cheese with cucumber on some special type of bread (that I cannot remember the name of) but you catch my drift!

This place is absolutely phenomenal. I can go on for days about them but you should definitely check it out for yourself.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

First of... Still the best cakes in the Hight's... And maybe the top 20 in NYC. But since last reviewed, they are not making their own "terrific" bread.The bread use to have a great crust and fluffy insides...not it's just very chewy. The coffee is also hit a miss now. No refills either...even for a discounted price. They'll do well. There's really no compition. But the day a Starbucks or Coffee Bean open... They better get their act together.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

It's true I could make my morning coffee at home. I should, even. But I don't, if I know I'll have time to stop.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

So simple. Really great , smooth coffee. As a matter of fact, stupendous coffee.
Home made cakes, cookies that are made from scratch right in front of you. There an AM sandwich, a PM sandwich. A soup, and Quiche. Not a big choice.But changes everyday.
The staff is terrific...but it's the guys that have the personalty.Only thing, NO discount for refills of coffee. I understand, with great coffee like that, they can't afford to give free refills...but at least discounted. Either way...GO.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

All I can tell you is that the cappuccino I had brought teats to my eyes because it has been years since I had one this good.