“Terrible waiter spoils evening out”
Review of Spice Symphony

Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Midtown East
Cross street: Between 31st and 32nd st
Transit: 6 train to 33rd street and Park ave, R,Q,N,B,D,F,M trains to 34th street and Broadway.
Description: Modern Indian Cooking with a twist and Chinese with an Indian Accent”. We use only fresh local produce of high quality to ensure a healthy living. We use age old Indian spices that has sought to have medical advantages that is put together in concert by different chefs’ each with different skills / talents resulting in different flavors and colors of food from all regions in India. We bring to you coastal curries from Goa, Konkan, Karwar, Allepy, Madurai, Kolkata to name a few.Our food is fresh from the kitchen and we are a symbol of warmth and welcome. We are home, family and friends.
Reviewed July 13, 2019

The food was ok but nothing special. We chose this restaurant due to good online reviews but we expected much better treatment for our $172 for 3 people.

The waiter was repeatedly very rude to us from the moment we sat down. We made our choices from the menu which seemed to anger the waiter further as he was determined that we should have the chef's special and not our personal choices.

We deserved better and so does everyone else. The waiter let down this restaurant very badly this evening.

Tonight is the first time I've ever written a bad review and the first time I've ever left a restaurant without leaving a tip.

Avoid this restaurant

3  Thank Kenneth J
Write a reviewReviews (2,715)

Reviewed July 13, 2019 via mobile

We are a family of 4, visited the restaurant during lunch time. Vijay who helped us out was extremely kind and gave good suggestions. For eg with kids he told us 4 dishes would be too much. I appreciate the Tipp as it shows he cared about his customer and was not looking just to sell his food. It is definitely one of the finest Indian restaurant in town!

1  Thank 867artit
Reviewed July 13, 2019

The food was OK, the cost was high, but the whole visit was spoiled by the waiter. He was rude, repeatedly, and for no reason as far as I could see except for the fact that I wanted to order what I wanted, rather than the "chef's special" which he was pushing repeatedly & often.

I cannot reiterate strongly enough, avoid this restaurant. Nobody needs to be made to feel bad when they are spending $60 a head.

4  Thank brian j
Reviewed July 13, 2019

We went to this restaurant as it had really good reviews. Dont get me wrong the food was lovely but the service was awful! Our waiter basically took the mickey out of us as soon as we got there and i got the feeling we just were not their type of people! It was insulting and i felt ashamed and degraded by the whole experience. I would NOT recommend this restaurant to anyone who wants to eat in a nice restaurant

3  Thank 71joanj
Reviewed July 12, 2019

When Spice Symphony says, "We are a symbol of warmth and welcome. We are home, family and friends," they're not blowin' smoke. This is the second time I've dined there (first time December, 2018), and both times I've felt so at home. The first time, I sat at the bar b/c they were really busy and there was no table available. This evening, I sat at the bar by choice. Omkar (the bartender) welcomed me and treated me like family, even though we'd never met. He took great care of me, and though I was dining alone, he made me feel like I was dining with an old friend. The food is positively scrumptious, can't say enough good things about it, and the service is beyond perfection. Thank you, Omkar, for making what could have been a lonesome Friday evening an experience and memory to be treasured.

1  Thank Molly T