“Not Impressed”

Cuisines: American
Neighborhood: Chelsea
Neighborhood: Chelsea
Reviewed April 1, 2013

From previous reviews I knew to expect a take out place with tables, which was fine for me. What I didn't expect was less than average food, I was really looking forward to a great Southern meal. I ordered chicken (ok) green beans (tasted burnt with alot of vinegar flavor) mac & cheese (burnt and dry). I was shocked since it was 1pm, I would have expected the food to have been fresh, instead reminded me of leftovers. As I was waiting for my food, a customer who had just finished his meal, asked to use the restroom and he was told the restroom isn't open to the public???
The one positive thing I can say, is the guy behind the counter was VERY nice & polite, thats the only reason for the 3 stars.

There are newer reviews for Soul Fixins

Reviewed March 23, 2013

A small, casual eatery where you pick up ypur meal at the back, Soul Fixin's has all their wholesome southern cuisine laid out fresh at 6 when you come in for dinner. It is hard to choose from so many delicious meats and sides, so you may have to come back. The BBQ chicken, ribs, mashed potatoes and collard greens are all first-rate.
The only down side is that there is no bathroom. This may be a deal-breaker foe some of us.

1  Thank Mary Jane D