“Very interesting place”

Cuisines: Chinese
Neighborhood: Chelsea
Neighborhood: Chelsea
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Two menus! That's right... One vegetarian and one carnivorous. Both are terrific. Had the hot and sour soup and a veggie General Tso's chicken (which, of course, was tofu). Both very good.

Reviewed August 27, 2011

Not terrible inside either but i love their food. Very good quality chicken and vegetables.

Very consistent.

1  Thank RBCNYC1
Reviewed April 27, 2010

Continuing our honeymoon quest to find places that served vegetarian meals we had a real find by simply walking past this place.

Two full menus await you, one with options for omnivores, one for veggies and vegans. This seems to be unprecedented in New York.

In any case whilst my memory of what exactly we ate has faded I do remember being impressed by everything. My starter was definitely some kind of prawn and squid concoction with crispy breadcrumb and onion rings which I imagined were supposed to look like the sand on a beach.

I would recommend this place highly, as would my vegetarian companion. Worth noting that the place doesn't serve alcohol - however you will find a selection of delicious fresh fruit juices.

My only gripe (and it's a small one!) is that the hi-fi in the restaurant was stuck on 'repeat' of the same swing jazz song for about the first half an hour we were there. Being very british I couldn't quite bring myself to point it out to the waiter. But he did notice in the end. I now know the mysterious song inside out and often get it stuck in my head - wish I'd asked what it was.

Reviewed May 4, 2009

We dined at Home on 8th yesterday while visiting NYC to attend a concert at nearby Madison Square Garden. We were so glad to have found this restaurant. We are vegetarians and dined mid-afternoon on a Sunday. Admittedly, we were there at an off hour, with few patrons; however, I suspect that the level of service that we experienced is likely the standard at Home on 8th. The service was courteous, prompt, and very attentive throughout our meal. We were offered a choice of vegetarian or conventional menus, and we both chose the vegetarian option (which includes many vegan selections). The choices on the menu were so numerous that it was difficult to choose. With both appetizers and entrees, we were not disappointed. The food was fantastic, with large portions and very nice presentations.

1  Thank Peter_01039
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Beirut, Lebanon
Reviewed August 29, 2008

Best restaurant in the neighborhood.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook