“This hotel is AMAZING~”

Residence Inn New York Manhattan / Midtown East
Ranked #38 of 469 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed March 17, 2014

I was so impressed with this hotel! The staff was so nice and very accomodating! Our guest room was great! Very large for NYC hotels! The room was spotless, the beds are very comfortable, great room! And Sam, the bellman was the best! I was so happy to see him each day and he always made sure we had everything we needed! The breakfast was great too! Great location and great hotel!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank SalemSoccerMom
Justin E, Manager at Residence Inn New York Manhattan / Midtown East, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Dear SalemSoccerMom,

Thank you for your wonderful review on TripAdvisor about your recent stay with us. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our service oriented associates and specifically Sam our bellman. We look forward to seeing you again in the future when your travels bring you to New York City.

Reviewed March 14, 2014

We did have a problem during our stay as our room had some mechanical issue and no other room was available. We're glad that the shift manager (Anthony) and his team went the extra mile to ensure we're taken care of and fairly compensated due to the inconvenience.

Positives
We certainly appreciated the warm welcome, the team really tried hard to make right the issues we're having. We're also impressed with the hotel upkeep. The hotel looked clean throughout and the breakfast room is spacious, well organized and has much better presentation than the Residence Inn Times Square in my view.
Although the hotel was not centrally located to all the major venues/attractions (especially Times Square), but is close enough and within walking distance to most places, and easily accessible since it's quite close to Grand Central station (within 10 min walk). If you don't want to walk too far to Grand Central, there are a lot of good Japanese restaurants nearby that offered really good value.

Negatives
The fire alarm went off in the middle of the night (on Tuesday night). Fortunately this was a false alarm, but awaken us and made us concern for a while (since we're in upper level) nonetheless. Although the hotel and the room were clean, but unfortunately there was some unpleasant smell in our bathroom. We're not sure if this was caused by the kind of cleaning agent the hotel is using, or it was the smell of mold/mildew that formed due to poor air circulation/ventilation in the bathroom.

Having said these, we would definitely love to come back to Residence Inn in Midtown East if we visit Manhattan again in the future.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Dear st4rg4z3r,

Thank you for your detailed review on TripAdvisor about your recent stay with us at the Residence inn by Marriott. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our service oriented associates and that we were able to recover the mechanical issue that you encountered. We look forward to seeing you again in the future when your travels bring you to New York City.

Reviewed March 13, 2014

The hotel was OK. I was disappointed with the room because we got a room with views of the back of 3 buildings and some other metal objects. I just took a quick peak and closed the curtains again because it seems pretty claustrophobic and creepy to see rooms from buildings all around us.

The room and bathroom are quite small. It was like a cruise cabin. But oh well, we were only staying one night before heading off to Niagara Falls so the view and room didn't matter all that much I suppose. But I most likely wouldn't stay here again. There are better hotels.

The breakfast was fine, I think the hotel wasn't too busy so we didn't have issues with the elevators or breakfast being crowded.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank swingonastar
Justin E, Manager at Residence Inn New York Manhattan / Midtown East, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2014

Dear swingonastar-

Thank you for staying with us during your recent travels to New York City and for your review on TripAdvsior. I apologize that you feel the hotel was only okay due to lack of a view and the size of our guest rooms. For Manhattan standards our rooms are of generous size including all of the amenities that we provide within the room such as the kitchenette in every guest room. For future reference if you are looking for a room with a view we do offer upgraded room types that do have a more enjoyable views of the New York Skyline or even the Chrysler Building. Thank you for staying with us and we hope you enjoyed your time at Niagara Falls.

Reviewed March 13, 2014

This was a great location and loved the hotel. We were close to Broadway and 3 metro stations. You could walk to Rockefeller Plaza and really Broadway. I stay in NY at least once a month, normally for business and it's usually at higher scale/ trendy hotels. I would compare this hotel equally as nice. I came with family this time and for the space and amenities it was well worth it. I love that they offer breakfast and that made it really convenient. I know what to expect with a residence inn and they have consistent great service and amenities. I tried the workout facility, I had it to myself. It provided the standard equipment and had personal

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank M&M's1

Dear M&M's1,

Thank you for staying with us and your wonderful review on TripAdvsior. It is wonderful to hear that you would compare us to higher scale hotels as we strive ourselves to always exceed our guests expiations and ensure their stay with us is effortless. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed many of our complimentary amenities including our daily hot breakfast with a rotating menu that includes cheese omelets, eggs florentine, & Belgium waffles and many more. I hope we have the pleasure of accommodating you on your future travels to New York City.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

We stayed for 3 nights at this Residence Inn and loved it! The location is very convenient, within easy walking distance of Grand Central station, Rockefeller Center, the UN, and Fifth Avenue and Madison Avenue shopping, and just about a 25 minute walk to the Empire State Building, and 34th Street shopping.

The staff were wonderful, sending welcoming emails before we arrived, and warmly welcoming us when we got there. They provided directions to ATMs, restaurant and stores, all in a friendly manner that made us feel at home. We even received assistance in contacting an on-demand wheelchair accessible taxi service which made a big difference in being able to get to the Statue of Liberty in a timely way.

We had a corner suite, which I considered a great value. It included a living room, a bedroom and 1 and 1/2 baths. I especially appreciated the books on the bookshelves in the living room. One of them was
New York Deco, photographs of art deco features around New York. As soon as I got home, I bought a copy of the book for myself. I'll use it to help plan our next trip!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Kathy M
Justin E, Manager at Residence Inn New York Manhattan / Midtown East, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2014

Dear Kathy M-

Thank you for your detailed review on TripAdvisor about your recent stay with us at the Residence Inn by Marriott. It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed our dedicated and service oriented associates in addition to our Executive Premium Suite with New York City touches in the details of our design. I look forward to seeing you on your future travels to the big apple.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

The staff at this hotel made our stay very special. Left cupcakes in our room for our daughter's 16th birthday with a card signed by the staff! We were on west coast time so the staff (loved Jorge!) helped us to box breakfast up to take back to the room. Everyone was courteous. Couldn't have asked for a better hotel. Be careful about the car service they recommend. It ended up being more expensive than the flat rate offered by others.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Kathy S
Justin E, Manager at Residence Inn New York Manhattan / Midtown East, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

Dear Kathy S-

Thank you for your wonderful review on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us during a special occasion, celebrating your daughters sweet 16! We look forward to seeing you when your travels bring you back to the Big Apple.

Assistant General Manger

Reviewed March 3, 2014

The staff rocks!!!!! They helped with everything and are very proactive. I needed help at the business center. They came straight away and picked up what I needed. They are also fun and great service industry people.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank a k
Justin E, Manager at Residence Inn New York Manhattan / Midtown East, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

Dear a k-

Thank you for your review of your recent experience with us on TripAdvisor. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and our service oriented associates. We look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you to New York City.