Hampton Inn Manhattan / Downtown - Financial District
GreenLeadersSilver level
Atlanta
“Grand Openning”
Reviewed June 28, 2014

I arrived June 24 with balloons being added tothe entrance. Just for my arrival (maybe not). Turns out itthe "official" grand openning of the hotel. Rooms are NYC siz: just enough space for the king size bed, desk,small wardrobe closet. Bathroom hada good size shower stall. Large showerhead, but lousy water pressure. My room had two windows that could be cracked open about 6 inches which I like. Most excellent black-out shades kep the very early NYC sunrises at bay. Front desk needs help in offering directionsto nearby things: I asked for a craft or microbrew nearby and no suggestions could be provided. Googled and found Porterhouse Brewey 1 block away (at the Fraunces Tavern, recommended) at Pearl & Broad Street. Asked ffor confirmation for Battery Garden in Battery Park. Took several minutes for a search (which I could have done). This is a main attraction in the area and is about 2 block away.Seemed obvious. Getting back to the grand openning: it wasreally held for Hilton personnel and there was no outward invitation to join them. After all the "suits" left, I was offered some food & drink, but that seemed weird to me. Anyway, got location, fair pricing. Would stay again. About a 5 block walk to Wall Street.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Futbol14
Elizabeth P, General Manager at Hampton Inn Manhattan / Downtown - Financial District, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Dear Futbol14,

We really appreciate your response and your wonderful feedback. We will love to see you in our lobby soon and share all the wonderful things we learned about the area.

At your service,

Elizabeth Pimentel-Johnson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Polish first
Albany, New York
Reviewed June 25, 2014

I recently booked the Hampton inn financial district for a business trip in which I needed to be downtown working late into the evening. The inn was recently rebranded under the excellent Hilton chain, so I gave it a try. Unfortunately upon arrival to NY I was told they didn't reopen on time and I had no place to stay, despite my confirmation just two days before. No attempt to notify me in any way had been made. After many attempts to resolve the situation I stayed Mid-Town at a hotel in which I knew I could find a room. Staff at the Hampton Inn were the most unprofesional, discourteous I've ever encountered in my career. I'm still waiting for an "I'm sorry from the management, as well as confirmation I would not be charged a fee, since I cancelled last minute. I can't afford this much hassle while on business. If I could give them a 0 on all accounts I would.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
6 Thank Joseph C
Elizabeth P, General Manager at Hampton Inn Manhattan / Downtown - Financial District, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Please accept our sincere apologies for the hassle and frustration this incident has caused you. We strive to keep our guests informed of our opening and regret that you were not notified prior to your arrival. We are glad you were able to find alternate accommodations and hope you will return to see our new property so we may show you the quality hospitality and accommodations you have come to expect from our family of hotels.

Elizabeth Pimentel-Johnson
Brazil
Reviewed November 30, 2013

I stayed here for a week in a business trip to New York. Friendly staff, in a nice and clean hotel with free Wifi and hot breakfast included. Reasonable prices for this neighbourhood. Good alternatives to eat in walking distance. The downside is the absence of drawers to organize tour clothes.

Room Tip: Avoid lower floor (rooms 1xx) due to the laundry noise.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The Manager & her staff were absolutely wonderful... so wonderful in fact that I went back after they were finished with their construction and stayed a second time. Since they had construction taking place in their lobby during my first stay, they gave me a discount for my 2nd trip - fabulous! Their location was perfect for being downtown near the Seaport & Financial District and just a short cab ride away for the rest of the places I needed to go to in the city... It's a fantastic hotel to stay in for the money in Manhattan!

Room Tip: 5th Fl King rm on the street side are a bit larger than the back side rms...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Sunnyvale, California
Reviewed March 14, 2013

The staff is wonderful, attentive and informative. Rooms are normal size, clean and relatively quiet for New York city. Easy to navigate from here to Wall Street area and quick subway ride to Times Square. The area is still tore up due to Sandy damage but cozy restaurants within walking distance. Really small fitness center but you choose this hotel because you are walking around the city.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business