“wonderful stay”

Hampton Inn Manhattan Grand Central
Ranked #68 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed April 19, 2014

I have stayed at this Hampton Inn several times over the past few weeks. All the staff were extremely friendly and accommodating - from housekeeping to the front desk to the manager. The rooms were spotless and beds were so comfortable! Note - rooms are small but designed well - small size is common for NYC hotels. I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Elizabeth A, Manager at Hampton Inn Manhattan Grand Central, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Thank you for your feedback. We use your feedback to try to make your stay the best they can be. We look forward to serving you again on your next visit.

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Manhattan Grand Central

Reviewed April 19, 2014

All needs that will come up for you personally will be addressed as the hotel main process of work. The response to the questions, needs for amenities and swift addressing of any problem is carried out efficiently

Reviewed April 18, 2014

Like to stay in NYC. Nice hotel in great location. Easy to walk to many places in city. Rooms clean and hotel staff was extremely helpful and accommodating - one of the nicest I've encountered. Would definitely stay here again as was very pleased and would recommend it to anyone who wanted to stay in the city.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 14, 2014

Love that the duvet covers are changed for each guest; room was clean and quiet. Perfect for a great night's sleep amid the hustle and bustle of New York City! The amenities were all there and I simply couldn't have asked for more. Breakfast was tasty and well done, considering the large number of guests who were eating. Staff were friendly and kept things well stocked and changed.

1  Thank Tullamoregirl11

Reviewed April 13, 2014

We picked this hotel because of the proximity to Grand Central and the good reviews on Tripadvisor. It turned out this hotel exceeded my expectations with regard to how close it was to Grand Central. It was literally a 5 minute walk to the station. Additionally, there is a little 99 cent pizza joint on the way that is handy if you want a quick snack on the way back.

I was a little concerned about the negative reviews surronding noisy rooms and unfortunately that turned out to be true. Our room had a connecting door and you could hear everything in the adjoining room. A simple conversation between two people could be heard. I was obviously dissappointed about this because I don't understand why every room needs a adjoining door.

As far as the room, I was pleasantly surprised with it. The Free WiFi, numerous electrical outlets, and free 24 hr coffee bar downstairs made up for the unpleasant noise in our room. Additionally, this was the best FREE breakfast I've ever had at a hotel. I always hate how hotels can never seem to serve good eggs. I mean how hard is it to screw that up. Thankfully, this hotel figured out how to cook eggs and I left a happy customer.

I would recommend this hotel and I look forward to staying again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed April 12, 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at the Hampton Inn/United Nations. It's a smaller hotel (8 rooms on 20 floors), but that just makes it much easier to get from the elevator to the room and vice versa. The room was on the small side, and if I had been traveling with another person, it might have been a bit crowded, but for one person, it was great. The bathroom is fairly large, and my room had a balcony. The room was clean and quiet, although right after I got into the shower the first morning, I was amused to hear someone in another room burst into song (he stopped after less than a minute, and it wasn't that loud). The breakfast was good. I'm allergic to wheat, so I brought my own wheat-free English muffins, but I had yogurt, turkey sausage, scrambled eggs, potatoes, and cream cheese from the complimentary breakfast (not all in the same meal). I noticed that the hot breakfast food wasn't the same each morning.

Reviewed April 9, 2014

I would recommend this small comfortable hotel for budget-minded people. Excellent location, pleasant staff. $28/24 hrs parking came very handy since we drove there from Boston. I enjoyed small gym with brand new equipment in the basement. We stayed on 18th floor, end we enjoyed the view of Manhattan. Walking distance 10-15 min to Times Square

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple