“Great location, roomy hotel for Manhattan.”

Hampton Inn Manhattan Grand Central
Ranked #62 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed October 9, 2013

This hotel is located centrally to Grand Central station. The size of the rooms are wonderful compared to other hotel options on Manhattan. I am very pleased with my experience here, and I would recommend this hotel to anyone. Easy access to major subway lines as well.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Hampton Inn M, Manager at Hampton Inn Manhattan Grand Central, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for the kind words! Although Manhattan isn't known for its spacious rooms, our rooms are of good size in comparison to others in the city. Thanks again, and we hope to see you again in the near future!

Hampton Inn United Nations TEAM

Write a ReviewReviews (2,172)

Reviewed October 9, 2013

Looking for somewhere to stay for 3 nights with my husband and 2 boys, this hotel was brilliant. Welcoming, clean, comfortable, great complimentary breakfast that suited my whole family, and a short walk to most of the New York sights. Easily overlooked as it isn't as grand as many of its competitors, (we preferred it to the Roosevelt which we found to be tired and cramped in comparison) the Hampton Inn was a little gem. Would certainly stay again next time in NYC.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear Tracy H,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of our hotel! It's great to see that we were a good fit for the entire family and am sure that you saved a good amount of money on breakfast, especially with two growing boys. We hope you are doing well and look forward to seeing you the next time you come to New York City!

Reviewed October 7, 2013

Stayed at this Hampton Inn for 3 nights while in NYC. Got a great deal with the HHonors program (free membership). The hotel was close to Grand Central Station, making it very convenient with the $16 shuttle from Newark airport straight to Grand Central Station. The hotel had great service with free lemon water at the door, free coffee/tea in the lounge, friendly customer service, free wi-fi and stocked hot breakfast each morning (with breakfast to-go for those who need it). The room was smaller than usual (of course, it's NYC), but extremely clean and comfortable. Our balcony had a great view of the Chrysler building (1506). Would definitely recommend it!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Hampton Inn M, Manager at Hampton Inn Manhattan Grand Central, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Dear Muie811,

Thank you for taking the time to write a detailed response of your stay and adding pictures! I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed the view of the Chrysler building; it's quite beautiful at night. We hope this message reaches you well and would love to host you again for your next stay in NY!

Reviewed October 6, 2013

The hotel is well located with respect to Central Park and other attractions in mid-town. Abundant european and american breakfast (till 10 AM - at 10:01 it's closed). Welcoming and kind personnel, always available for providing suggestions and help. Rooms are nice, welcoming and new. Wi-fi is included. On internet it appeared to be the cheapest hotel in the area; indeed, it was, without affecting quality of service.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Hampton Inn M, Manager at Hampton Inn Manhattan Grand Central, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Dear Utente T,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a response of our hotel! We are happy to hear that you got in at a good rate and enjoyed all of the amenities we have to offer. We hope all is well in Italy and look forward to seeing you in the near future!

Reviewed October 5, 2013

I travel to east midtown in Manhattan two to four times a year for business. I have stayed at most of the hotels in the area and have not been impressed. However, the Hampton Inn United Nations was great. It was the best rate I could find for the days I needed to be there and Included breakfast and wi-fi. The room was immaculate and the bathroom was great. The room was a decent size by New York standards. I was on the second floor overlooking the hotel entrance and it was very quiet. I particularly liked the bank of outlets on the bed table so I could plug in all my electronics. I was pleased to see the dual flush toilet too. The. breakfast was just fine and I loved the citrus water in the lobby.

I particularly want to thank Diogenes who was on duty on the front desk when I checked in. He directed me to a restaurant that was exactly right for want I wanted and he was pleasant and very helpful throughout my stay. This is a real gem I east midtown.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear Scotty7351,

We are proud to be your favorite hotel and are flattered by your response! It was great having you, and we look forward to seeing you again. I will be sure to let Diogenes know that you appreciated his help, I am certain that he will be very happy to hear he had such a positive impact on your time in New York!

Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

the hotel is well located, few blocks from the UN building and from the Central Station. the rooms are small but beds are comfortable. there's an iron and an ironing board which was helpful. the breakfasts are good especially the coffee. the staff is helpful and friendly. my stay (3 nights) was good overall.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Hello Yaztradamus!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel! It was great hearing that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast and our friendly staff. Thank you again for your time and kind words.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

This hotel is conveniently located just two blocks from Grand Central Station. The rooms are small but nicely furnished and well kept. The complimentary breakfast is just about the best I've had anywhere and there was coffee and hot chocolate around the clock.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to write a user review! It's great to see that you enjoyed our rooms and complimentary coffee as well as hot chocolate. We hope you are well and look forward to seeing you in the near future!