Holiday Inn Express New York - Manhattan West Side
Ranked #203 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Worcester, Massachusetts
“Great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014

When we were arrived we were immediately greeted by the friendliest staff which set the tone for our entire stay. They were super helpful and made suggestions on how to get to the places we want to see and where to eat. They assisted us to our room, which was small but incredibly clean!
That evening when we arrived back we were greeted by name by then staff, who asked us how our night was and if we needed anything. The next morning we went downstairs and were pleasantly surprised that our free breakfast was hot and delicious. We had a larger party and they secured us tables and moved them together for us.
The staff was very willing to go above and beyond to ensure you enjoy your stay, the rooms are clean and comfortable. It was overall a great stay!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Michelle G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express New York - Manhattan West Side, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Dear NellieG2002,

Thank you so much for the great review. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay. I am glad that you were able to experience top notch service from out team! I am also that that you enjoyed breakfast. We hope to see you back soon.

Michelle

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Sao Bernardo Do Campo, SP
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

My sister, her husband and I booked the hotel for one night. In out check-in we booked a taxi to take us to the airport the next day on the front desk, but the attendant didn't contact the taxi company and the car didn't show up. The hotel stuff didn't give us any support and we had to get a yellow cab on the street. At night my brother-in-law and I went to the public computers to print our boarding ticket and he forgot the cell phone on the desk. He realized just the time he got in our room and when he went back to the computer, the cell phone was missing. It was really late at night and there was not many people around, the security guard was there but we couldn't find it. The next day the security manager couldn't help us much and the cell phone was stolen in the hotel.
We will never stay in this hotel again.

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Sueli_Norie
Dear Sueli_Norie,

I am extremely sorry about your stay. I assure you that this is not typical, and apologize that this was your experience. Thank you very much for your feedback.

Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2014

The staff was very nice and very friendly. Breakfast was beyond crowded and just average. The room was so small we could not sit at the desk or move around at all. Construction was outside at 9 am on Saturday.

Room Tip: Maybe a room with 1 bed might be better
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Michelle G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express New York - Manhattan West Side, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Dear cdari,

Thank you very much for the review. I am sorry that you did not appreciate the size of the room. I am glad that you experienced friendly service though. We appreciate that you chose us and hope that you will stay again.

Greenville, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2014

I was the group planner for a school group going on Spring Break. The pros: Great location, good, hot breakfast included in cost of room, and very friendly staff. The rooms were small, but that is to be expected anywhere in NYC. They were very clean and functional. The cons: The bathroom in my room (1006) had this crazy loud, random sound that would wake me up every hour or so. I couldn't figure it out but I didn't sleep well the first night at all. Our last night there, it sounded like a huge fight or large group of partiers parked outside our hotel and were really loud around midnight. We were on the 10th floor and I can only imagine what the lower levels heard.

But overall, the pros outweighed the cons. We are already discussing next year's trip, and I won't hesitate to book this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Dear carriemc95,

Thank you so much for selecting us for your school group. Thank you also for the review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay. I am so sorry about the noise in your room. We will have that checked out. Thank you again. We look forward to your trip next year!

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

Great hotel, great location, great facilities. In New York for a family wedding, the rooms were compact, but certainly adequate for 2 single adults. Wifi was reliable, breakfast was welcomed, however get down early when it's cold outside as the dining room can become overcrowded. During warmer months certainly wouldn't be a problem with adequate outdoor seating. Staff were very hospitable,within walking distance of Times Square and subway just several blocks away on 8th and 50th. The hotel was quite full and whilst there was some noise with school groups certainly nothing to worry about.
At the end of a long day of walking, I would say the only small negative is that it was 3 blocks too far west as it is closet to 11th avenue....but don't let that out you off. All in all I would certainly stay there again when next in NYC!

Stayed March 2014
Michelle G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express New York - Manhattan West Side, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Dear Debbie B,

Thank you so much for the great review. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you will return! We value all of the feedback in the review. Thank you again.

New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014

If you want a good night's sleep, find another hotel. You will be dealing with huge groups of teenagers who yell, knock, and are completely disrespectful at all hours of the night. Outside on their patio you will have loud, drunk, obnoxious guests who sit out there all night and keep you awake because the noise travels right up to the room (no insulation). This doesn't include the foot traffic going to bars and clubs who whistle, yell, and talk loudly all night long or the constant sirens, honking, fire trucks, and ambulances that may as well be going through your room. I did not sleep at all and a 3 night stay turned into a 1 night stay and I could not wait to check out first thing in the morning. When I checked out, they never even asked how my stay was or why I was leaving early. Another hotel guest at the desk was making similar complaints about the noise. Calling to the front desk through the night did nothing, they tried to tell me there was no noise outside. This hotel does not place any value on maintaining a quiet property and if you are a light sleeper, find another hotel. The neighborhood is pretty sketchy, too. Overall a terrible stay, one of the worst I have encountered.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Michelle G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express New York - Manhattan West Side, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Dear Ken G.,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write the review. I am very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay. I assure you that this is not at all typical of our standard of service. I will use your comments as a training tool to make sure that this does not happen again. Thank you again for the feedback.

Sao Jose Do Rio Preto, SP
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2014

The hotel is perfect! It is a new building! The staff was very friendly and spent much attention with the guests. The location of the hotel is privileged, just 3 blocks from Times Square (7 minutes walking). This is perfect, because you can relax and stay out of heavy traffic. The breakfast is also perfect, there is a great variety of foods and the staff is constantly in attention to replenish food. The room is extremely clean, new, the room service cleans it everyday, the bedroom is very confortable and there isn't any bedbug (which is very important, because this a potential problem is some hotels in New York, mainly in the old ones). There many goods options to lunch and dinner near from the hotel. There are many restaurants as: Italian, French, Portuguese, Bralizan, Thai, Chinese, and others. Still in the hotel, it is offered free internet connection (wi-fi) at the rooms and a complete service with computers and totems at the lobby. It is certain that in my next trip to New York my family and me will stay again on it.

Room Tip: All rooms are perfect. Definetly all rooms are good and will meet all expectations.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear GeraldoZafalon,

Thank you very much for the wonderful review! I am so happy to hear that we will be your hotel of choice for your next visit to New York City. I am glad that you appreciated the area, and took advantage of some of the great restaurants it offers! I am also glad that you enjoyed the cleanliness of the hotel and the breakfast. We hope that you visit again soon.