“Don't do it!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Flatiron District
Cross street: btwn 5th. and 6th.
Transit: N,R train at 23rd. and 5th. Ave. F train at 23rd. and 6th. Ave. 5,6 train at 23rd. and Park Ave.
Reviewed February 5, 2014

We had a Groupon that had expired the day before, we had $39 worth of food and only wanted brunch, which cost less than $39 value of the Groupon. They wouldn't let us and made us order off the dinner menu. We ordered soup and salad and left hungry! The soup arrived in a large looking plate but when the waiter set it down, the tiny portion of soup in the center was less than and a cup and hot water with a tablespoon of finely copped veggies is not my idea of minestrone. The goat cheese salad was ok but the dressing was oil and salt.

1  Thank Fiji2014
There are newer reviews for Tre Stelle

Reviewed January 15, 2014

Rude service and very very poor quality food. I ordered an omelette with a substitution and an extra vegetable and they charged me for side orders for each thing, then made it like a flat egg thing and charged $50.

1  Thank swankyhotels
Reviewed December 28, 2013

My girlfriend used a living social deal and we went on Sunday night. First best living social deal based on value ever – The wine, appetizer, entrée deal was great. And the food was delicious. Chef is wonderful. Service was bit slow due to a large group and short handiness in kitchen – but service was given with a smile and served with grace – lovely place and atmosphere .would recommend it.

2  Thank wendcher
Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

We spent $160 for a family of 4 , just starters, main courses. We didn't like the fact that they automatically added 18.5 % gratuity, its a rip off.

Reviewed December 10, 2013

Well done Tre Stelle. I would never have found you without the living social deal I bought.

The decor is quite modern Italian, with thin slats of wood for wall decoration and a sliding barn door to separate rooms if needed. SMART for private parties. The tables look custom made, and big. But, the glassware and utensils were strong and you could tell they were very good quality.

The food and apps were delicious. It is a shame this gem is part of the hotel. It could stand on its own in any part of NYC. The grilled vegetables and fried calamari were prepared well, and the portions are BIG. The Lamb chops and the lasagna were also great. The diners next to us loved their meals, and were suggesting to everyone to order the homemade pasta.

The nutella cheese cake was inventive and extremely good with the lattes. The fork they serve you for dessert was hysterical. It is over a foot long, but 1" wide. I could have reached over and tasted the dessert from the table next to us if they weren't looking without much trouble. Fun.

Our server was professional, but fun. He laughed with us, but was very attentive. And, when he had to be in the back for a bit, the other servers brought water, and bussed the table. Well done!

All in all, well worth the trip. I will be back.

To my followers:

Sit, relax and enjoy the food and service. I was very impressed with this gem, and you will be too. Great place for a glass of wine with friends.