Tripadvisor

from $35.00
from $30.00
from $45.00
3,832 results
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed yesterday via mobile

My wife and I are in NYC for our 8th anniversary and it is my first trip here. We've only been here a couple of hours and were thinking of things to do when we saw the hop on hop off busses going by. We have done many HOHO busses all around the world and love them so we thought we'd do one. Here is where the problems begin.

Our mistake was buying the tickets on the street as opposed to online. The sales person said he give us a deal on the 3 day pass. Only after we purchased did we look online at ticket prices. Online the tickets were half what we paid. Granted, we paid the advertised price, but there was a huge discount online. Now we are ready to start our bus tour!

We go to the nearest stop to wait for the Uptown Tour (blue route). The sales person had said busses come every 10-15 minutes and TopView advertises that they are the most frequent busses. 20 minutes of standing on a windy winter New York City later, the bus finally arrives. We hop on and are fortunate enough to get a seat downstairs since this is an open top bus. We start near Time Square. At the first stop we are questioning each other why all we have heard so far is New York State of Mind by Billy Joel and Empire State of Mind by Jay-Z but no information for sights. It's at this point that they tell us the bus is going out of service due to a flat tire and they pointed to the front right wheel. Back in to the cold we go (not terribly disappointed as that bus smelled like urine) and I notice the completely full tire.

About five minutes later the next bus rolls up. This bus actually has a covered top and smells marginally better. We take back off and as we are going through the corner of Hells Kitchen we actually hear something informative! This lasts about 10 seconds then it's back to more New York themed music with New York, New York by Sinatra. Also around this time we notice that our phones are no longer connected to the "free wifi". We look online and see that the "free wifi" is for 10 minutes, you have to pay after that. After 1 hour and 15 minutes we're about four stops in and have heard information only twice. Meanwhile the song list has played through thrice. This makes me wonder why, with all the songs about New York, is Eye of the Tiger playing? That song is Philly, not NYC.

We are now headed down the east side of Central Park and the information has finally started to play a little more. Hopefully this continues.

So far though, I'd rather be kicked in the nuts than pay for this bus line again.

Date of experience: February 2020
Reviewed 1 week ago

I had a terrible experience with this company. I booked a Statue of Liberty cruise, turned up in good time and was then told that the cruise had been cancelled as there weren't enough people and that a full refund would be given. I have spent ages on the phone to the company trying to get my refund only to be LIED to and told that the cruise was cancelled because of bad weather and that I would not be refunded. When I asked to speak to a supervisor the phone was put down on me!!! It was only through the good grace of my credit card company that I got my money back. Shocking!

Date of experience: February 2020
2  Thank U560ZZjonathanw
TopViewSightseeing, Guest Relations Manager at TopView Sightseeing, responded to this reviewResponded yesterday

Dear guest,

Your business is very important to us and we value your input. We strive to ensure all of our customers have a positive and memorable experience.

Please contact us at support@topviewnyc.com so we can rectify your experience.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

It is convenient to take a look through the city, and to have the museum tickets secured it makes your life easier

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
TopViewSightseeing, Manager at TopView Sightseeing, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for your honest review, we hope to see you again real soon!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The 3 days hopp-on / hopp-off tour is really price-worth if you would like to get your first impression of New York City! Busses are on-time, various destinations and even a boat tour included! I kindly recommend to everyone who visits the City for the first time! The staff is helpful, drivers are great! Thanks for taking me across Manhattan, Harlem, Bronx, Brooklyn! Keep the good service.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Thank you for your valuable feedback! We look forward to your next visit with us.

Take Care

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My husband and I took the bus tour and it included a boat ride around the statue of Liberty. The boat was the best part of the tour, there was a live tour guide who was so knowledgeable about the statue of Liberty and NYC in general. We were expecting the trip to just take us to see the island and then go back, but we went around and saw the Brooklyn Bridge and many more parts of NY. We were very pleased and surprised for what we learned while on the tour. I give only four stars because the bus tour audio did not give very much information and mostly played music. It was worth it to do again because we did get to see a lot of the city and we loved the boat ride!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
TopViewSightseeing, Manager at TopView Sightseeing, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for your wonderful review, we hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Having 1 day in New York my wife and I decided to take the uptown loop tour. For a Januiary day in the high 30s it wasn't the coldest but the first bus we got on had only open seating up top so we sat inside. Audio only played music, no information about what we passed. We got off at central park and had a great (unrelated) tour of the park. The 2nd bus had both top seating that was covered and audo that described the west side. We got off though at St Johns, and when we got on the 3rd bus, again we were back to no audio other than music. The point of our bus ride was a tour, not public transportation (and the subway is in better shape). We wanted to see the Apollo theater, I don't even know when we passed it by, again, there was NO audo, nothing tour like at all. Very frustrated that we wasted our 1 day with this company

4  Thank rich02760

Please contact us at support@topviewnyc.com so we can rectify your experience.