Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
2,384 results
All reviews great location strand bookstore new york east village whole foods fitness center boutique hotel front desk staff rooms are small hotel bar around the corner love this hotel mini bar street noise nyu subway nyc
Selected filters
Reviewed August 4, 2019

Classy, classy but warm and comfortable. The staff is fantastic - clearly care about your experience. I recommend taking their cars to LGA - not very pricey and their drivers fantastic. Food is excellent. My home away from home in NYC...I'll be back!

Date of stay: August 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank KorenaByam
NYCHotelMgr, General Manager at Hyatt Union Square New York, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2019

Hello KorenaByam-

We're so pleased we were able to provide a wonderful stay during your trip. We're so happy to be your "home away from home" and hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed July 30, 2019

This hotel was very comfortable. Room was small, but that is typical of New York City. Bed very comfortable and room was quiet, but bring a light bulb if you plan to read. Lamp on desk was dim. Beware of a "destination fee". The hotel added $25/night to my bill for that fee. When I told the staff member that it was not mentioned in my reservation (through hotwire) and that I used none of the facilities they removed the fee. It is sad that even a class organization like Hyatt chooses to nickel/dime their customer with silly fees. Not that airlines are any paragon of customer service, but they tell you, up front. to the penny, what a trip will cost. Hotels should do the same.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank Murray L

Hello Murray L-

Thank you for sharing your view of your recent stay. We're pleased you enjoyed your stay. We will share the feedback with our team to make sure we are communicating the change with the addition of the destination fees and what it includes for the guest experience.

Reviewed July 29, 2019

Hyatt Union Sq is a beautiful Boutique gem hidden in the business of NYC. Its located just meters away from union sq and offers great rooms, service. The restaurant there offers great food with lunch and dinner packages with great prices and excellent service

• Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank walididris
NYCHotelMgr, General Manager at Hyatt Union Square New York, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2019

Hello alididris-

Thank you for sharing your review. We're pleased you enjoyed your stay and we met your expectations.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed July 29, 2019

First Time I show at the Hotel, the staff looks at me like I am in a wrong place. Then the room was tiny, hardly the kind of amenities you would expect for the sky high prices they are demanding. No breakfast included, hell they even charge for drinking water. I expect Towels to be cleaned everyday, but I saw the same towel was their as I left it.

Wifi was extremely poor, I mean you would a good wifi for business suite thats what I thought. Elevators are run down, please update or change them. The best thing about Hyatt is they leave the alarm set for Midnight so that when you come tired from a long flight and sleeping, it would go off at the right time and you stay up all the time. I am not asking much but just give me something equivalent to the price I am paying ? Is it that hard ?

• Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Sumit R

Hello raisumit-

Thank you for your feedback. We're sorry we did not meet your expectations.

To address some of the issues you've raised, each guest is entitled to two bottles of water per day that is included in your daily destination fee. As part of Hyatt's conservation program, we do not change linens daily unless requested. We will let our engineers teams know about the issues you had with the WiFi and will address the issue with our fire alarms during your stay.

We do hope you will us another chance to change you opinion.

Reviewed July 22, 2019

The hotel has a great location. My room was clean, and spacious for NY. My view was the wall of an adjoining building. Wifi was slow and almost unusable on my laptop.
My stay was completely spoiled by what I was charged, and the unwillingness of the hotel to recognize my distress. The reservation for 3 nights was made by a local non-profit company, with me paying the first night. I had looked online to see what the room charge would be, and saw that rooms were going for the low $300s through their website. OK, I thought, it's NY, that's OK.
And then I was charged almost $500 for one night in an ordinary room. And then they refused to do anything to make me a happier customer.
No more Hyatts for me.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank TimidOnSkis
NYCHotelMgr, General Manager at Hyatt Union Square New York, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2019

Hello TimidOnSkis-

Thank you for sharing your your experience. We apologize if there was confusion regarding your rate. Since you did not book directly with the hotel, the rate online may not have applied to your stay depending when the room was actually booked. Room rates change throughout the day and vary from date to date. You should have received a confirmation email from the third party who made your reservation stating the rate your were responsible for paying.

We know rates in NYC can be high in comparison to other parts of the country. We do hope this experience does not deter you from staying at other Hyatts and we do hope you will give us another chance to change your opinion of our hotel.