Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
2,385 results
All reviews strand bookstore great location new york east village whole foods fitness center boutique hotel front desk staff rooms are small around the corner love this hotel street noise nyu subway nyc block sink
Selected filters
Reviewed July 10, 2019

This hotel is on the expensive side but the rooms are large and modern. The staff is very helpful and assisted me very well when asked to help. The location is convenient to shops and to the many restaurants in the East Village. I am a repeat guest.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank SeattleTomf
NYCHotelMgr, General Manager at Hyatt Union Square New York, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2019

Hello SeattleTomf-

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We're pleased that our staff was able to address your needs during your stay. Thank you continuing to choose our hotel for your stays in NYC. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed July 6, 2019 via mobile

Very nice lobby, my room was small (to be expected in NYC), especially for two people but seemed recently renovated and was well laid out and nice. Bathroom was a a bit odd in that water from shower pretty much guaranteed to get all over the bathroom. That was my biggest issue. A clear design flaw. A two-minute walk off Union Square. I was on 11th floor street side and had no noise issues.

Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank Sinaj9

Hello Sinaj9-

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. We're pleased to have met your expectations and will share your comments regarding the shower with our engineering teams. We do hope to welcome you back again.

Reviewed July 6, 2019

From the staff, to the rooms, to the additional privileges given by Hyatt my first experience staying in the city was worth it. Enjoyed my stay with a clean modern room and my requests met. The staff was spectacular and on top of providing the best service to their clients. Will repeat my stay.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Fearless13484774955

Hello Fearless13484774955-

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. We appreciate it and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed July 4, 2019

Victor at the front desk was great and apologetic about all that went wrong but he was the highlight...Awkward rooms needing a refresh, no Prosecco despite 4 Spritzes on the menu at 4 in the afternoon, dark, water issues when sharing an an alarm testing system that went on for too long. As a loyalty member have stayed here before and the location is great...but not likely to recommend to others...

• Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank asinsheimer

Hello asinsheimer -

Thank you for sharing your experience. We apologize that we did not meet your expectations. We do hope that you will give us another change to exceed them during your next stay.

Reviewed July 3, 2019

We stay in a lot of hotels around this area, and are now going to be loyal to the Hyatt Union Square. The people are fantastic.

I had a really curious experience at the front desk that showed their talent and commitment to service. Alisha, at the front desk, had apparently drawn the shortest straw, and was patiently taking in a woman’s unhinged rant about her treatment. She wasn’t a guest mind you. Just how the world has been treating her. Paranoid and wounded, she kept up a relentless barrage. Alisha remained patient, fair and firm with her, giving her the space to unburden herself. Things changed when the woman decided that I had made a crack about her smoking. Uh, what? And all of a sudden she was making comments about me as I waited to be checked in. This is when I saw an interesting shift in Alisha. She got very stern with the woman, and said she was not to bother our guests. The woman protested, and Alisha was having none of the fake “what? Me?”.

I wasn’t exactly bothered as I understood that this woman had something going on. But Alisha made sure that the drama didn’t spill into my experience. To me, in addition to the deft people skills, it showed Alisha’s strength in personality and commitment to ensure things go smoothly for guests. It could have easily been an eye-rolling experience. Jennifer Post runs the front, and clearly does a great job, as everyone to a person, was lovely.

It’s a very nicely appointed and designed hotel that fits with the neighborhood. Close to Union Square as the name suggests. Great restaurant in the building. Think Coffee across the street is excellent as well.

Book with confidence.

Michael Dezso

• Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Michael D

Hello Michael D-

We appreciate your detailed review from your recent stay. We appreciate your loyalty to our hotel and are pleased that your check-in experience was not detracted from the unhappy visitor.

We look forward to welcoming you back during your next stay.