Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
2,384 results
All reviews great location strand bookstore new york east village whole foods fitness center boutique hotel front desk staff rooms are small hotel bar around the corner love this hotel mini bar street noise nyu subway nyc
Selected filters
Reviewed June 21, 2019

Hyatt Union Square offers great service and dining for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The workout facility is clean and up to date.

It's location near Union Square is the best for walking to good restaurants and shopping.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Fred R
NYCHotelMgr, General Manager at Hyatt Union Square New York, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2019

Hello Fred R-

Thank you for your review. We appreciate the feedback. We hope to welcome you back again.

Reviewed June 21, 2019

The hotel was beautiful and the staff couldn’t have been more helpful. The front desk allowed us early check in and kept our bags for us at the end of our stay to accommodate our later flight. The bartenders made wonderful drinks and had suggestions for activities in the city. Everyone we encountered was friendly and eager to help. Such a great experience.

1  Thank Ynnepe

Hello Ynnepe-

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We're so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to welcome you back soon

Reviewed June 18, 2019

Those are not usually adjectives you use for a NYC hotel. This lives up the Hyatt name. I also appreciated the wood floors in the room that you could smell had just been cleaned--no dirty carpet, which is really what you usually get even in more expensive hotels in NYC. Would definitely stay there again.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Maggie L

Hello Maggie L-

Thank you for sharing your experience. We're pleased that we met your expectations during your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed June 13, 2019

Had one of the more expensive rooms with a terrace.
Room was dark and smelled of damp.
clean towels every day bed made but didnt sweep floors in the room or bathrrom
Staff very nice but not really interested, I gave up complaining beause everday of our 8 night stay was the same.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank susan250965
NYCHotelMgr, General Manager at Hyatt Union Square New York, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2019

Hello susan250965-

Thank you for providing feedback from your recent stay. We ill share your comments with our Housekeeping team as we continue to improve our service.

We do hope to welcome you back again so we can exceed your expectations during your next stay.

Reviewed June 12, 2019

Recently stayed at the Hyatt Union Square NYC for six nights and was overall quite happy with it. Located right at Union Square and close to the Flatiron district, the hotel location is the greatest plus - convenience stores such as Walgreen's are just steps away and there are all kinds of great restaurants within walking distance. Maison Kaiser, an all-day breakfast and pastries eatery, is just a block away. There's a Starbucks about two blocks away and an all-day Chinese dim-sum restaurant, Tim Ho Wan just half a block away. Reputable restaurants such as Gramercy Tavern, East 15th and the Union Square Cafe are all within walking distance.
The hotel's restaurant The Bowery Club did not have good breakfast (limited menu and bad coffee) but the Cobb Salad during dinner time was very good and reasonably priced. The hotel bar is actually quite beautiful and exotic during quiet times, but for most evenings, the bar was extremely noisy particularly during weeknights. The bar does not take reservations and good luck with finding a table. Drinks were good but very expensive!
At about USD$400 per night, the room was good value for money for a Manhattan Hotel. There's free Premium Wi-Fi (maybe because I'm a World of Hyatt member) everywhere for up to three devices anywhere in the hotel. I also had 2 free bottles of Evian water every day. I opted for the King-Bed room facing the Courtyard and the backs of other nearby buildings because the hotel is located near a fire station and I wanted to be free from sirens of fire trucks. The room was small but quite well equipped with sufficient closet space and drawers even with a big hotel umbrella inside the closet. The bathroom shower offered good water pressure but the water often overflowed beyond the shower stall if the door was not closed tightly. I particularly liked the edgy bathrobe with a hood - very nicely designed and hip! The King bed was comfortable but I missed my mini-fridge where I could have put my purchased fruits from Walgreen's. There was no doorman and no washroom in the lobby but front desk staff were always helpful and friendly.
My only complaint was that housekeeping staff, though conscientious, did not speak English well enough to understand my specific needs. The hotel also needs to change the duvets as I've discovered a blood stain on mine one night. A renovation might also be timely as my room looked quite tired and overall lighting was too dark.
Hyatt has recently changed its policy that making local calls from the room is no longer free. I never received any email about this policy change from the World of Hyatt and when I called reception, they told me it's still free. When I checked my bill prior to check-out, all my calls were charged $1 each plus telecommunications tax. When I complained that reception had told me a different story and they immediately apologized and took all those charges away from my bill.
Location location location was the biggest attribute of this hotel. Overall I was quite happy with my stay and would definitely consider going back on my next trip.

Room tip: Quiet rooms are those on high floors facing the courtyard instead of the city.
Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
3  Thank KoKo2014

Hello KoKo2014-

Thank you for in-depth review. We appreciate your feedback and we will share your comments with the appropriate teams.

We do hope to welcome you back again.