WINNER WONDERLAND

Hyatt Union Square New York
Ranked #93 of 477 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Austin, Texas
“Sweet Hotel in Union Square”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014

Love this hotel. The staff is always there to greet us as we enter or leave. They provide prompt and expert service. While the lobby is small, stylish and well-appointed, it is the rooms that made my stay. They are comfortable and equipped with all the modern conveniences I needed. While slightly quirky due to their odd shapes, the furnishings are of very high quality and helped me relax and enjoy my stay. A great advantage is the location - 2 minute walk to the center of Union Square and several subway lines. It is our go-to hotel when we travel to New York City. By the way, the restaurant is elegant and the food is outstanding.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Chris_Holbrook, General Manager at Hyatt Union Square New York, responded to this review, July 27, 2014
Dear Mr. Blueshadow31,

Thank you so much for an amazing review. We are so glad that you had a wonderful time at the hotel. We at the Hyatt Union Square are very proud of the staff and the hotel itself. With the prime location and almost anything walking or a few minutes cab ride, most of our guests find it an invaluable aspect of this hotel.

We definitely would love to see you with us again and feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions. Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back to Hyatt Union Square.

chris.holbrook@hyatt.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (303)
  • Hebrew first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014

It was a very nice stay. The workers are all very friendly & helpful. I just wish NYC hotel prices were cheaper so we could go more often! It's a great location for the subway, restaurants, and grocery stores.

• Stayed July 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
Dear Zebenar,

Thank you for your wonderful comments about the hotel and the staff. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.

It is a great location and we hope that you would come back to us. Please look into our website to see promotional and discounted rates for you future plans.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Hyatt Union Square.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2014

The Hyatt Union Square surpassed my expectations - it was a special 'boutique hotel' (even though part of a chain), with terrific attentive, courteous and caring staff. Victor and Qiara (front desk) and Dita (head of housekeeping) were especially awesome. Great fitness facilities, bar and brasserie in house too - it was so easy to have friends come here to meet and relax, stay and dine or have drinks before going out.

I'd not stayed in the Union Square area on other trips: easy access to Broadway and downtown, the wonderful Washington Sq park, and Madison Sq park, and all the attractions around these places.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Chris_Holbrook, General Manager at Hyatt Union Square New York, responded to this review, July 20, 2014
Dear cptayler,

Thank you for an amazing review. We are very pleased to hear that we were everything and more than what you expected. It is encouraging to hear that our staff have displayed all the fundamentals of a hospitality trait and made a satisfactory stay out of our guests. I will be sure to let Victor, Qiara and Drita know about your mentions and congratulate them on their professionalism.

We hope to see you the next time when your travels bring you back to NYC. We look forward to welcoming you back to Hyatt Union Square. Please do contact me should you have any questions.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2014

This is a very modern hotel (built within the last 5 years, I believe). The location is great with access to Union Square and the East Village and very near the subway. Unlike many places I've stayed in NYC the staff was very friendly and helpful.

When I have a choice I now always choose the Hyatt Union Square.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the street are great if available.
Green Features: They seem to take this very seriously according to their signage and the eco-friendly option on the thermostat. Still, it's always tough to tell for sure.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Troy L
Dear Troy L,

Thank you for this wonderful review. We certainly are glad that you had a very good stay with us. It's great to hear about the staff and their friendliness and I'm so very proud of them.

We are looking forward to seeing you very soon and can't wait to welcome you back to Hyatt Union Square.

Livermore, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014

My wife & I really enjoyed staying at your hotel.
We are very frequent travelers, staying in hotels over 50 nights per year.
We were impressed with the lobby and room design, fitness center and quietness of the hotel at night. From a design perspective, our only suggestion is to add better lighting to the vanity area.
We were particularly impressed with the quality and attitude of your staff. It seems that everyone working the lobby was happy to be there and eager to help, without being pushy. They were very helpful throughout our stay. At one point 3 gentlemen were all giving my wife tips for finding small, independent boutiques.
Thursday night we asked a big guy at reception for a recommendation for a sit down pizza & wine place. He asked a few qualifying questions then sent us to Rubirosa at 235 Spring St. It was exactly what we were looking for and the food was excellent.
Keep up the good work. You have a great operation here.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Paul C
Dear Paul C,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us. I'm very pleased to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us and impressed with our staff. We have a unique group of individuals with aspirations and intentions to bring the hospitality to the table - so to speak. It is their dedication and attentiveness that have inspired many such as yourself to review us on Trip Advisor.

I will definitely congratulate them and recognize them for their efforts. We do hope that you will return when your trip brings you back to NYC.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to Hyatt Union Square.

Naples, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014

I have stayed at this beautiful Union Square hotel six times since they opened. The staff is superb, always very friendly and go out of their way to make you feel welcome. The rooms are very nice and designed extremely well. The bedding is super comfortable! I have family who live close to the hotel and we always meet at the Singl Lounge . They have an extensive wine list and really delicious appetizers. The Union Square Hyatt is in a great location, close to the subway and within walking distance to many great stores and restaurants. I usually travel by myself and I always feel very comfortable. There are so many hotels to choose from, but this one is my favorite by far!

Room Tip: I have stayed in the courtyard studio rooms as well as the urbane studio rooms. I prefer the view fr...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Deb B
Chris_Holbrook, General Manager at Hyatt Union Square New York, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Dear Ms. Deb B,

Thank you so much for an amazing review. We are very grateful for your loyalty and pleased to hear that your six stays have been nothing but satisfactory. Our staff here are ambitious individuals with courteous and friendly faces and above all professional to make sure the standards are kept consistent so that your stay is and will always be the same.

Of course, we look forward to welcoming you back and make sure you have yet another amazing stay with us.

Easthampton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014

My partner and I enjoyed a very pleasant stay at the Hyatt Union Square. The room was well appointed and clean. We particularly appreciated the fact that the window opened to take in fresh air and that we could control our room temperature. The bed was very comfortable and staff was friendly and helpful. In particular, I wanted to mention Michael, the young man who welcomed us at the front desk. He was so kind and made us feel welcome.
I recommend Hyatt Union Square for its cleanliness, location, amenities and friendly staff. High marks in every area!
Sue C

Room Tip: Our room on the courtyard was very quiet. Room had a window that opens.
Green Features: We appreciate and support all of your efforts. We chose not to replace towels and noticed the energy star rated appliances.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Charles41556,

Thank you so much for this wonderful review. I am pleased to hear that your stay with us has been a great one and you loved the hotel overall.

I am very proud that Michael has been accommodating and welcoming during your check-in and will definitely recognize his efforts during out meeting. He has been a great addition to the team and like all of the Gallery Hosts we have at the front desk are professional, passionate and ambitious about their role they play in Hyatt Union Square.

We do hope you will return to us when your plans bring you back to Hyatt Union Square and look forward to welcoming you back to Hyatt Union Square.