“Location, Location, Location”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Location, Location, Location”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Great little hotel in the heart of the city. Close to shops, food, restaurant etc. We were able to walk almost everywhere from here and everything was at your doorstep. Rooms were cozy and clean and the washroom are great. Service is exceptional and the staff are very friendly. Turn down service, extra late check-out (3pm) we requested and they said no problem for no cost, Ice tea in the lobby, complementary towels, headsets, apples and water at the gym. Valet was 65 dollars a day,there was also parking across the street and the on 12th as well, but it costs 50 dollars for 24hours. I think the cost of 65 was worth it because we stayed longer than 24 hours and there were no extra charges. We had a great time and really liked the service. They really aim to please here.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Chris_Holbrook, General Manager at Hyatt Union Square New York, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Dear Kami K,

Thank you so much for this wonderful review. I am glad that you had a wonderful stay with us. I am also pleased to hear that our staff has made this stay of yours one to remember. I will gladly share this review with my team.

Please feel free to contact me when your plan brings you back to Hyatt Union Square. And thank you for staying with us. We look forward to welcoming you back to Hyatt Union Square.

chris.holbrook@hyatt.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (329)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Richmond, London
Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

Fantastic location close to shops, subway and Union Sq.

Empyreal Suite was amazing. With separate dining table, lounge, 2 person shower, wc and bedroom. Sleek modern design, usual Hyatt Comfort. Excellent views, was happy to be able to see the Empire State Building.

Service from staff was impeccable.

I would choose this hotel again without hesitation. 5 star experience.

• Stayed June 2014
Chris_Holbrook, General Manager at Hyatt Union Square New York, responded to this review, June 29, 2014
Hello there,

Thank you so much for your amazing review. I'm so glad you had a wonderful stay with us. I am glad you loved our Empyreal Suite. It's one of our bigger suites with lots of room and of course the amenities and features that come with it. It's my personal favorite as well.

I will only hope that you will be joining us again in the near future. With all our wishes, please enjoy the beautiful summer and see you very soon.

Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed June 21, 2014

I stay for 5 nights, it;s a new Hyatt in the nice and most strategic neighborhood in NYC, you are near of everything by walk or by subway (at one block). The hotel is in a nice buildinq and with a modern decoration that looks very good, I stay in a king room that was small but very comfortable, excellent bed and pillows and nice shower. The bar that's located at the corner of 13th st and 4th av and has also an independent street entrance is very trendy and a good place to take a drink before you go out to dinner, don't hesitate to take breakfast at the restaurant, excellent coffee and a good service in a very nice decor. I would give 5 stars to this review but because of an important error of them with my reservation that was partially solved I take off one, in spite of that I will return here.

Room Tip: higher rooms
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Mr. Adrian K,

Thank you for this kind review. It is our pleasure to have hosted you and I'm very please do know that your stay was more than satisfactory despite your reservation error. And I would like to sincerely apologize for the inconsistency.

You have described our hotel and in fact beautifully drawn up a virtual map of the hotel and "to dos" for our future guests. And I would like to thank you for that.

Please do connect with me the next time you are in town so we can take care of you. We look forward to welcoming you back to Hyatt Union Square.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 19, 2014

I was highly disappointed with my experience here.

1. The rooms are very small for what you pay ($500 a night) - the closet is a small piece of furniture, and the shower is literally on top of the bed. I'd say 150 square feet at most, including bathroom space.

2. They charge you an offensive amount for just about everything. Water, that's $8 extra. Coffee, oh that's $12 (really?). You want to bring some beverages back to the lobby, sorry, that's not permitted under hotel rules (i was actually told this).

3. They don't really have a concierge or other value-added services that I am aware of.

I think you can stay in much better value around Union Square, or higher end hotels on Central Park, than stay here.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank mjeleven11
Chris_Holbrook, General Manager at Hyatt Union Square New York, responded to this review, June 21, 2014
Dear mjeleven11,

I am very sad to see that you didn't have a satisfactory stay with us. I wanted to apologize for all inconvenience you endured during your stay.

I would like to clarify that there is no restriction in bringing in coffee from outside through or into the lobby as our front desk staff always recommend the many coffee shops around the neighborhood such as Think Coffee, Starbucks, Pie Face etc. I am not sure who that individual could be but we'll investigate this further and inform them of our policy.

Please contact me directly should you reconsider us again and I'll be more than happy to arrange a better accommodation as we have several room categories that might suit your needs.

Thank you for the feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to Hyatt Union Square.

Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed June 18, 2014

I have traveled extensively all over the world and will tell you our experience at your hotel for my Daughter's wedding was one of the best if not THE best I ever had. The staff was incredibly nice to all of our wedding guests (they all commented on how polite and friendly the staff was) and very helpful to assist in any way. The front desk staff was excellent. EVERY member of the Bellman's staff was superb! We had tons of luggage going in and out...taxi needs, car needs, limos and shuttles picking us up and they managed it all with a smile. And we couldn't have had a successful event without the help of the Marketing/Event Coordinating staff..

The rooms were very nice and the maid service was great. The restaurant and bar...including staff...was very good as well.

When I need to stay in Manhattan....I'll be staying at the Hyatt Union Square.

My congratulations to you on a splendid operation.

Room Tip: The rooms with a terrace provide a nice opportunity to have coffee outside or a glass of wine in the...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Mark S,

Thank you so much for this wonderful review. I am so glad you had a wonderful stay with us and of course it was pleasure hosting your entire wedding party.

It gives me much pleasure that our staff are recognized and valued for their service as they are a team that are passionate and continuously showcase the exemplary service that every one of our guest expect to experience from a Hyatt.

Thank you again for staying with us and hopefully we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Hyatt Union Square.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed June 18, 2014

I travel to NYC for business fairly frequently and try to stay at the Hyatt Union Square whenever I'm in town. The rooms are a great size for New York and the quietest that I've stayed in. There is a ton to do nearby and the location is pretty central to get to other spots as well.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Art B
Dear Art B,

Thank you for this wonderful review. We really appreciate your loyalty to Hyatt Union Square. You are right about our location, it is hard to beat this as we have nearly everything walking distance or a few minutes cab ride. I'm very glad you had a wonderful stay yet again.

We do hope to you see you very soon and we look forward to welcoming you back to Hyatt Union Square.

Arlington, Virgina USA
Reviewed June 17, 2014

We had a two night stay at this new Hyatt--first time for us as we were visiting relatives in NYC. It's a beautiful hotel---the staff was super friendly and attentive to our needs. The rooms are large by NYC standards, and very clean and comfortable. Beautiful tile in the shower, with a separate toilet. It was a great location near Union Square, so we could walk to the farmers' market on Saturday morning--fun. We'll be back.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Philsfan56,

Thank you so much for this wonderful review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay this first time and we'll be sure to make that happen again when your back.

We have a great team here at Hyatt Union Square that are eager to go the extra mile and make sure that you have a memorable stay. Please contact me should you need further assistance or have any questions.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back to Hyatt Union Square.