“Good location good room” 4 of 5 bubbles

Hyatt Union Square New York
Ranked #110 of 463 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Brazil
“Good location good room”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2014

Very good hotel with new rooms. The service is good and there is a very good bar at The hotel Also.

At The top there is a nice view

The location is very good , very close To subway and good restaurants.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Tenzing D, Manager at Hyatt Union Square New York, responded to this review, April 20, 2014
Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback. It is good to know that you had an amazing time here at Hyatt Union Square.

Our team here at Hyatt Union Square are dedicated professionals and genuine individuals driven to provide the best and personal experience. And I'm glad that this time we have succeeded.

Please do reach out to me directly should you have any further inquiries or when your plans bring you back to New York. We would love to have you back.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back again.

Kind regards,

tenzing.dupatsang@hyatt.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (306)
  • Hebrew first
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2014

This was my first stay at the Hyatt at Union Square. Good downtown location with lots to offer near by. I was upgraded to a city view room and was still a bit surprised at how small the room was. But everything was new and clean and I appreciate that. A big shout out to Evan at the front desk. When I checked in I asked him for a restaurant within walking distance that would be ok for a single diner. He recommended Il Cantinori, and by the time I was in my room he called to confirm the reservation. Evan was very attentive and friendly, as were all the other folks I interacted with at the hotel. Had breakfast at the hotel both days I was there - delicious.

Room Tip: City view room wasn't as noisy as I thought it would be. I liked that I could open the window, b...
Green Features: I like that they have a recycle bin in the room for water bottles, newspapers, etc.
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Tenzing D, Manager at Hyatt Union Square New York, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Thank you so much for a wonderful review. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the service from our staff and the hotel overall. I will make sure Evan is acknowledged for his attentiveness and dedication to providing the experience you had with us.It goest without saying that we at Hyatt Union Square are driven to provide the service in a personable and professional manner.

However, I'm sad to hear that you were not satisfied with the room size but without any excuse I'd like to address that the rooms are comparatively larger than most New York hotels and I'm sure we could have found you something better if it was an issue. But let me assure you that the next time you visit us again, we'll have you situated in a better and bigger room. Please do contact me directly when you do make that reservation with us.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back to Hyatt Union Square.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2014

I've stayed at this location twice. The hotel is spotless. the rooms are great for business travel or a quick city getaway.low key and quiet. Extremely friendly staff. They delivered a newspaper every morning and replenished the water bottle every day.

Room Tip: I like the the courtyard rooms. very quiet.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for this wonderful review. I am extremely pleased to hear that you had perfect stay and the choice of hotel was a great one.

Our staff here at Hyatt Union Square do take great pride in providing an excellent service with personality and a great sense of attentiveness. And it is with reviews and feedback such as yours that drive us to excel even further and constantly surprise the next guest with another memorable experience.

We hope to see you in the near future and please do contact me directly should you have any questions. Thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back to Hyatt Union Square.

Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2014

The hotel is in a perfect spot, just right in the middle of everything but quiet and modern. The staff is exceptionally friendly and helpful. I was surprised how quiet the rooms were in the middle of Manhattan and you can even open a window.
Rooms are quite big for NYC, nice and modern with everything you'll need.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to review us and providing this wonderful review. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and the staff.

We do hope to see you in the near future and visit us so we can provide you yet another memorable experience. Please do contact me directly should you have any questions.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Hyatt Union Square. Thank you once again.

Westerville, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2014

This is my first choice hotel for business trips to New York. Great location, great staff, and great ammenities. Convenient to shopping, dining, and transportation. Trendy but peaceful atmosphere. Room size spacious enough to allow me to work comfortably at desk in the evenings when necessary.

1 Thank Eve O
Tenzing D, Manager at Hyatt Union Square New York, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Thank you so much for this review. We are absolutely delighted to hear that your stay was an awesome one.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Hyatt Union Square. Please do not hesitate to contact me whence you do make that trip back to New York City.

High Ongar
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

The staff are exceptional and the rooms well fitted out. This isnt your classic Hyatt hotel with grand rooms and big social spaces but it makes up for all of that with friendliness and the location is perfect for downtown. In my opinion better than the W on Union Square.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank ianexn
Thank you so much for providing us with an amazing feedback. I am delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us.

We have a great team here at Hyatt Union Square that is built on class service standards with a hint of personalization that could conjure a pleasant experience for all our guests. It is our privilege to serve you again when you do return to Hyatt Union Square in the near future.

Do keep in touch and thank you once again for staying with Hyatt Union Square.

Boston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

I stayed at this hotel last week on business and enjoyed it very much. The location is fantastic one block from Union Square. I was upgraded to a room with a lovely deck although not able to use it because if was so cold. The size of the room was average NYC hotel room, the bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was well laid out. The front desk staff was very helpful with sorting out the trains to Wall Street for me and making a reservation of dinner in the East Village. The bistro in the hotel lobby served breakfast and that was very good but the selection was a bit limiting. I will return to this hotel again next time I am in NYC for business.

Room Tip: I was in room 209 and I would request that room again because it was very quiet and large enough esp...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank JacquelineSmith
Thank you for this wonderful review and insight about our hotel. It was our pleasure to have you with us and looking forward to many more.

As a young and ambitious team, we are absolutely determined to create personable and memorable experiences for every guest of ours. Again, we look forward to welcoming you back and hopefully recreate that experience for you.

Please do keep in touch whilst you return to Hyatt Union Square.