My wife and I recently spent 4 nights in one of their ADA king rooms. Based on ADA rooms at other hotels, I was hesitant to book one because, in my opinion, they typically aren't as nice as the other rooms in a hotel. At the Hyatt Union Square, we found their ADA rooms to be much nicer than others I have stayed in, and I would not hesitate to stay in one at this hotel again.
There was a mix-up with our reservation that we found out about when we arrived. Our reservation for the last night of our stay was inadvertently cancelled by the Hyatt customer service rep, and we didn't know that until check-in. In addition, there were very few Hyatt rooms left in Manhattan for that night, so we were a little anxious about what we were going to do. The next day, William, the front-office manager straightened everything out and honored our previously booked rate at the Hyatt US for that last night, which was a big relief. Thanks, William!
- The location of the hotel is great. It is a block south of Union Square and the US subway station with multiple lines. Plus, it is easy to walk to many destinations all over Manhattan from the hotel.
- There are tons of restaurants and bars to choose from in the area.
- The lobby and rooms are very modern in style, clean and look new.
- Staff was always friendly and helpful.
- Room was amazingly quiet for the middle of NYC. Aside from some noisy guests in the hallway one night, we didn't hear noises through the walls. The windows also seemed great at keeping street noises out up on the 5th floor.
- The bed was very comfortable
- We actually had a view of the street from our room. Too often in NYC, a hotel window gives a view of a brick wall that is 3 ft away.
- Great, rain shower head and water pressure
- Nice shampoo, conditioner and soap provided
- They offer an “intimacy kit” in the in-room snack/amenities bar. I have never seen that before but thought it was a great idea.
- Our shower shared a room with the toilet. Because the shower was open, most of the floor in that room got wet during a shower. I am not sure if this layout/design is due to it being an ADA room or not. It wasn't a huge deal, but was a little inconvenient if you wanted to use the toilet after a shower.
- The open, modern design of the bathroom doesn't give you much privacy when using the bathroom or showering. This wasn't a big deal for my wife and I, but might be for others. Again, this might have been worse due to the ADA room.
- My wife and I both thought that the pillows could have been more comfortable. They flattened out too much overnight for our taste.
- Wifi was free for us for some reason (is it always free?) but was very slow.
Overall, I would not hesitate to stay at this hotel again and would definitely recommend it to family or friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located a block from Union Square Park, the Hyatt Union Square New York is a AAA Four Diamond property featuring 178 luxury, pet-friendly guest rooms, studios and suites with options for a private terrace. Surrounded by a vibrant neighborhood filled with public art galleries, entertainment, shopping, restaurants and bars, you won’t need to go far to discover Union Square. You’ll also have access to the third largest transportation hub to get you to other parts of Manhattan and beyond. During your stay, keep your fitness routine at our 24-hour Life Fitness™ gym complete with top of line fitness equipment, complimentary towels, fruit snack, water and headphones. Prefer to be outside? Take a tour of the city May-October on one of our bicycles. If you’ve worked up an appetite, step into Bowery Road for American cuisine. Prepared by Chef Ron Rosselli, the flavorful and thoughtfully prepared dishes are inspired by local farmers. Seasonal produce from the nearby farmers market, Union Square Greenmarket, can be found in each dish. Need something a little stronger? Take a seat at the Library of Distilled Spirits to try one of more than 700 bottles of liquor from around the world. Choose from our encyclopedia of more than 150 classic cocktails to sample something shaken or stirred. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Priceline, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Union Square New York reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.