“Amazing”
Review of Annie the Musical - CLOSED

Annie the Musical
More attraction details
Owner description: LEAPIN' LIZARDS! It's an all-new production of one of the most acclaimed musicals of the past 35 years! With equal measures of pluck and positivity, little orphan ANNIE charms everyone's hearts, despite a next-to-nothing start in 1930s New York City. And now, alongside her signature pal dog, Sandy, she's set her sights on making us grin from ear to ear as she inspires a whole new millennium. Winner of 7 Tony Awards® including Best Musical, ANNIE - with Music by Charles Strouse, Lyrics by Martin Charnin, and Book by Thomas Meehan - makes its triumphant return to Broadway in a brand new production from Tony, Drama Desk and Pulitzer Prize-winning Director James Lapine and an A-list creative team.
Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

My husband got us tickets for our anniversary. Amazing show. We had the very last seats in the place and it was still great. Be warned they say no cell phones and mean it. If they see your phone out they shine a flashlight on you until you out it in your pocket!

Reviewed December 3, 2013

I've seen most of the Broadway Annie shows as they return in newer versions. The current show is full of energy and who doesn't like the story and music! I was a bit disappointed at first with Gaby Bradbury who was understudy the night I attended last week. I believe it was her first time in the main role and her voice was very pinched and shrill until about half way through the show. Then she seemed to relax and she sounded better.

One more suggestion is to slow down all the kids singing in the first scene or two. The tempo was so fast that it was almost impossible from our seats to understand them. I don't think it was the sound system - they were just not singing clearly due to the fast tempo.

1  Thank Dave_and_Susan
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Taylor Richardson was such a darling as "Annie". She sang very well and was very cute and charming. She fit the role to a T. Amazing production design! I loved the huge storybook-style prop that shifted from one room of the mansion to the next. Very creative! Sunny / Sandy the dog was such a scene-stealer, too. Was surprised when the actress playing Ms. Hannigan proudly said that one of the orphans spoke Filipino! Such a memorable experience and please catch it ... Tomorrow... Tomorrow!

Reviewed December 1, 2013

I love this show. Tunes are nice and story line is sweet. Annie is one of my favorite musicals and I've seen it 3 times. Go see it soon!

Reviewed November 30, 2013

Having seen a number of productions of Annie, including the original Broadway show, this production was good, but not outstanding, and unfortunately, Annie played by Taylor Richardson was pretty unexciting and she doesn't have a great voice. The direction seemed off at times and the choreography could have been better, especially during It's A Hard Knock Life. The set design was fantastic, the orphan girls had a lot of spunk, and Warbucks, Grace, and Ms. Hannigan (played by Warlow, O'Malley, and Prince) all had superb voices. I was very disappointed that the management allowed people to eat chips and popcorn in the theater during the show; all around me were people munching food and tearing at wrappers. Highly distracting and outright rude behavior.