“Very Entertaining”
Review of Annie the Musical - CLOSED

Annie the Musical
More attraction details
Owner description: LEAPIN' LIZARDS! It's an all-new production of one of the most acclaimed musicals of the past 35 years! With equal measures of pluck and positivity, little orphan ANNIE charms everyone's hearts, despite a next-to-nothing start in 1930s New York City. And now, alongside her signature pal dog, Sandy, she's set her sights on making us grin from ear to ear as she inspires a whole new millennium. Winner of 7 Tony Awards® including Best Musical, ANNIE - with Music by Charles Strouse, Lyrics by Martin Charnin, and Book by Thomas Meehan - makes its triumphant return to Broadway in a brand new production from Tony, Drama Desk and Pulitzer Prize-winning Director James Lapine and an A-list creative team.
Reviewed May 6, 2013

This is a great show that will entertain the entire family. The children did a bang-up job and little "Molly" is great! Annie of course is the focal character, but all of the actors were good. The Palace puts you in mind of a theater from days gone by and the atmosphere is very appealing. The orchestra also sounded great!

1  Thank WV_Wanderers

Reviewed May 6, 2013

I saw this musical 3 times when it was on years ago and loved it. I was afraid they had changed it so much in the revival that I wouldn't enjoy it as much as before but I was very pleasantly surprised! It was just great and ALL the kids are marvelous! I loved the new staging, especially the 'turning of the pages in a book' idea. I came away feeling great the way I did years ago when it was on before.

1  Thank fitzhoyt
Reviewed May 6, 2013

I went into this show never seeing the movie and I thought it was excellent. The cast was wonderful and it was such a beautiful uplifting story I would definitely recommend this show to all. I am very glad I decided to take my chances and go.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

This is on the east side of Broadway just south of 47th. At the Tuesday evening performance, which starts early, at 7, there were many kids. It ends by 9:30. These are not the most fantastic actors. Nor do they have the most terrific voices but it is still enjoyable. Especially if you did not pay full price. Not worth full price to me anyway.The settings and staging are terrific.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Annie is well worth seeing. It is a show both young and old can enjoy. I enjoyed it more than Wicked.