“Holiday Inn Express "Deluxe"” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Manhattan Times Square South

Holiday Inn Express Manhattan Times Square South
Ranked #167 of 467 Hotels in New York City
ottawa
“Holiday Inn Express "Deluxe"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2014

Fantastic stay here...super friendly ...awesome Location ..comfy beds...nice linens ..great breakfast.....free internet....fast Elevators...good fitness equipment. Coffee Tea and cold water available 24/7. Staff always ready to give directions...really good deli next door and shopping around the corner...subway around the corner...times square a few streets over. for the price ...loved it..

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank LOSTINNYC2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Findlay, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

Every member of the staff is very helpful.. Great location for the price! We aren't much walkers but we walked everywhere including Macy's & Times Square from the hotel everyday over our weekend stay. Rooms were somewhat small but clean and quiet. Great shower, comfortable bed and strong wifi. You get a discount at nearby parking garage for staying i think its $35 a day instead of $45. Would definitely stay again

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ajia V
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014

My son was performing at Carnegie Hall on the 9th I arrived to NYC at midnight on 6th with a 3pm check in to a different hotel on the 7th. Information at JFK searched and called and found the Holiday Inn Express in Herald Square, Mark at JFK said it was a new building and would work for the night. I anxiously waited for Airlink, which I do not recommend, they finally arrived and off to the city we bumpidly went. Arrived at the Holiday Inn Express and was greeted by Mark and Patrick. They were absolutely wonderful! They got me into my room quickly as they could see how exhausted I was. Got to the room facing 36th a little street noisy but too tired to ask for a quieter room. It was not unbearably loud at the time I was extra sensitive. Woke up at 8am went down the to the very nice complimentary breakfast. The selection was generous, only thing was missing was hash browns, but they had it all eggs, bacon, cereals, yogurts, bagels, bread, coffee, tea, hot chocolate, milk, fruit and more it was great! It was very appreciated as I just wanted to grab and go back up the room to continue to sleep a couple more hours. Came back down to the lobby, I forgot my gloves back in L.A. so Robbie suggested I walk a couple blocks to Macy's and they gave me a late check out! Got lost in Macy's as so many do but got back in time to check out and grab a cab to my next hotel. In addition to the very nice and comfy rooms the location is great you are near lots of shopping, fast food and good restaurants all in walking distance and not to mention to Time Square and all transportation. Ernest was great, he took my luggage all the way to the corner and got me in a cab when the cabs in front of the hotel were full. Honestly, the hotel is new, the room was very nice, clean and modern. Good size for a NYC hotel room. The bed and pillows where great and the bathroom had it all even complimentary Bath and Body works shampoo, conditioner and body wash! This was one of the best things on my trip! I am very cautious about where I stay, I check out the reviews here and the bed bug registry before making a commitment. Great find, I would stay there again! I was in room 404 and would have asked for a higher room for a little less noise. Other then that it was pretty perfect and they have free WiFi and computers in the lobby which is another plus as most Manhattan hotels do not offer that service. I was off to my 5star hotel on 52nd and by the next day was missing the Holiday Inn Express on 36th. Well I hope I can still book a room there for my next trip at a great price.

Room Tip: upper floors for quieter rooms, early to the complimentary breakfast gets a little crowded.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Julsinca
Cairo, Al Qahirah, Egypt
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

I stayed with my family for a couple of days in December last year and we were happy with our choice. The hotel is well located if you want to visit all attractions of Manhattan. We could see empire state building top fro our room.
The rooms was quite small for the family of four but it served the purpose. The breakfast spread was good and was fresh and hot. 24hrs coffee was another plus. The staff is well mannered and efficient.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Pady M
East coast
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014

We stayed two nights at the Holiday Inn Express Herald Square, as we attended a convention at the Javits Center. Our room was 1807 and was a connecting room with 1808. Room 1808 was slightly larger than ours, and of course, all rooms in NYC hotels are on the small side.

The view from rooms ending with 01, 02, 07, and 08 on the higher floors all have a terrific view of the nearby Empire State Building.

The bathroom floor is heated. That's a nice touch. And there are 3 computer terminals in the lobby, if you don't have your own computer or are not using the free WiFi in your room.

The breakfast (included) was good, and had an acceptable number of choices. I liked the bananas.

If you're driving, there is a parking garage just down the street. If you have a minivan, just ignore the sign that says No Vans. And be sure and get your parking ticket validated at the front desk, so you pay $35 a day. Sounds expensive, but all garages in the area were expensive.

The ice machine closest to our room was on the 16th floor, and as another reviewer mentioned, a room ending in 03 on a floor with an ice machine will be noisy, as it is next to the ice machine.

All the staff I had contact with were friendly, and I would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: Room 1808 was slightly larger than 1807, but both had a good view of the Empire State Building.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Hedo-goer
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

We booked this hotel from hotels.com, 3 stars hotel and the hotel was 2 stars.
The price we paid was for 4 stars hotel and they gave us a different room from what we paid. Girls for reception were very polite but the manager mr Omar was very rude. When I said to him what happened he answer: I do not care.
I think I had been cheated.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Nikos_Sahas
Omar A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manhattan Times Square South, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Herald Square 36th Street NYC for your lodging needs. And thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us. Please allow me to apologize for the inconvenience you encountered with the size of your room. The front desk staff tried to accommodate your room type need as much possible and transferred you to different rooms including one on the top floor with a view of the Empire State Building. As I explained during your stay the room size varies depend on the room type, in which we showed all of them to you. However, you insisted to get a bigger room (suite) which the hotel does not offer. As we couldn’t accommodate the request, we offered to refund the charges collected for the remainder of your stay to hotels.com, to contact them, and to relocate you to a hotel that offers Suite type of rooms. However, you decided to stay with us in the top floor room with the Empire State Building view.

We hope we can regain your confidence by coming to visit us during your next trip to NYC! We look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Should you have any questions or I can assist you further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Omar Aquino
Perth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2014

What a fantastic hotel the HI Express Herald Square is. I have stayed at many of the hotels in this chain and this one has been the best. A warm welcome greeted us at check in and the check in process was smooth. I had contacted the hotel in advance of my trip to make a couple of requests and the correspondence from the GM Omar was much appreciated, many thanks! Our room was very comfortable, got a great nights sleep. The room was spotlessly clean, fab shower and had an electronic safe which was handy to use. There was a good selection of channels on the TV. The free wi-fi in the room worked great and we made use of the free printing of flight boarding passes in the hotel lobby. Breakfast got the day off to a good start, plenty to choose from, cooked/cereals/breads & buns/pancakes/yoghurts, you couldn't go wrong.
We loved the location, the hotel was easy to find from Penn station and the ESB & Times Square were close by. We plan to visit NYC again and will be checking in here again for sure.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank scotsman2011
Dear scotsman2011;

Thank you for your review and kind words. And thank for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Herald Square for your lodging needs. Thank you for contacting me with your requests prior to your arrival. I am glad that we were able to accommodate your requests and that you were pleased with your stay. We pride ourselves on the great guest service that we provide. I will be sure to pass along to my TEAM all the nice things you mentioned.

On behalf of the entire TEAM at the Holiday Inn Express Herald Square, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your next visit.

Regards,