4 people are viewing this hotel
$228
Official Site
$220
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
Destinia.com
$206
Free cancellation until 12/16/21
Expedia.com$228
Hotels.com$228
Hurb$259
1,424 results
All reviews boutique hotel society cafe murray's bagels union square new york art deco style rooms are small quiet street room service great neighborhood queen room lobby subway nyc desk neighborhoods soho
Selected filters
Reviewed August 18, 2019

Staff are motivated and delightful across the board, reservationist, reception, housekeeping, bartender and engineer. Little historical touches, rich wood tones and luxurious fabrics engulf you in Art Deco and fit in well with the attractive building. The location is almost perfect for easy walks and little restaurant gems abound. A lot of well thought details. I do prefer larger rooms with a couch and small sitting area and much bigger bathrooms. Glad NYC has boutique properties like Walker that thrive and good luck in Tribeca come the fall.

Room tip: Try to book room with a terrace to enhance sense of space.
Date of stay: August 2019
CourtneyABroad, Front Office Manager at Walker Hotel Greenwich Village, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2019

Dear Alan – We appreciate your well wishes with the opening of our sister property Walker Hotel Tribeca and praising our team here at Walker Hotel Greenwich Village! We are definitely a cozy hotel with a lot to offer our guests; there is intention in everything we do! We hope to have earned your recommendation to any visiting friends and/or family! – Courtney

Reviewed August 12, 2019 via mobile

Stayed for three nights with my daughter for a 16th birthday trip. Staff was terrific! Sent a hand written birthday note and piece of cake to our room. Check in and out with luggage storage was easy and pleasant. Beautiful blue bottles of water sent up to the room at no charge whenever requested. Cookies at turndown. They called a car for us to get to the airport that was less expensive than Lyft or Uber. Terrific location on a beautiful street close to 14th street and Union Square stations. Rooms are small but square footage is listed so shouldn’t be a surprise to anyone. Looking forward to returning to the Walker Hotel for my next trip to NY.

1  Thank dcfl123
CourtneyABroad, Front Office Manager at Walker Hotel Greenwich Village, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2019

Dear dcfl – Happiest of birthdays to your daughter! Guests like you and feedback like yours encourages us to keep doing our best and provide the highest level of hospitality we can. Thank you for posting your 5 star review and commending our Walker Hotel team! We look forward to having you for your next trip to NY! Til next time! - Courtney

Reviewed August 12, 2019

Great view from the 15th floor of our room of the Towers and the Village. Loved being in the neighborhood near Union Square and Washington Square. Hotel near lots of restaurants and stores. I've stayed in various hotels around the city and this was my favorite. The room was small but lovely. The lobby was welcoming and so was the staff.

1  Thank Joan B

Dear Joan – Thank you for your high praise and honoring us as your favorite hotel! Our team at Walker Hotel Greenwich Village prides itself on creating an outstanding, genuine experience for each and every guest. We are so happy you loved your stay, especially the city views and neighborhood shops and eateries. You must come back and see us again soon! – Courtney

Reviewed August 10, 2019 via mobile

4.5 stars. I stayed here for 3 nights in July, during one of my long weekends in the city. Here are my thoughts.

Good:
- very charming and small hotel. I cannot stand impersonal, huge chains, and this is the antithesis of that. It has history, character, and charm.
- great location in Greenwich village. Last time I stayed in the city, I stayed in the Bowery/Chinatown area. While I love the vibe in the lower east side, I realized that it was too far south, and I ended up having to Uber so much that it cost so much money. During this trip, I was able to walk around the village, to Chelsea, the Meatpacking, SoHo, etc.
- friendly and attentive staff. On my 2nd night, I had an issue with my shower (paint and plaster fell from the ceiling), and they made sure to attend to it immediately.
Bad:
- the rooms are small but not unusual for NY. Even though they were tiny, they were arranged well, and for a solo traveler or couple, they don’t feel too cramped.
- older hotel so there are some maintenance or function issues (e.g., paint peeling off and falling from shower ceiling, no USB ports, no trash can in bathroom).

In spite of the few negatives, I had a great stay at the hotel and will likely come back soon!

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank adelly

Dear Adelly – Calling Greenwich Village home, we live and breathe our city surroundings and history. We love that you were able to take advantage of our prime location and had such an amazing time! Thank you for sharing your feedback as it gives us the opportunity to improve and provide a better guest experience. Our team would love to welcome you back warmly on your next trip to NYC! – Courtney

Reviewed August 8, 2019

After a previous recent visit to NY I stayed at a horrible AirBnB and had an awful time in NY and swore the city off. I came back to NY for work and stayed at the Walker and the experience was so pleasant that it reminded me how lovely NY can be. The rooms are stylish and the hotel is incredibly well designed. The service was exemplary - when I asked for more counter space they brought in an extra small table for me. Only complaint is that the bathrooms need more counter space.

Room tip: Rooms with double beds have limited counter space and dim lighting.
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Lizzie B
CourtneyABroad, Front Office Manager at Walker Hotel Greenwich Village, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2019

Dear Lizzie – There is so much to love in the city that never sleeps; we are thrilled to remind you of that and help be the NYC redeemer! We appreciate your positive feedback and note about more counter space. We always do our best to offer alternatives to ensure our guests are comfortable and able to fully relax while they are in our care. We hope to welcome you back warmly next time you are in NYC! – Courtney