1,167 results
All reviewsboutique hotelmurray's bagelsunion squareart deco stylenew yorkrooms are smalllovely boutiquequiet streetturn down serviceroom servicefreedom towerperfect locationgreat neighborhoodthe high linearound the cornerwater pressurethe entire staff
Reviewed March 6, 2014

The Jade Hotel really is super-duper! Upon our arrival we got the warmest welcome from the charming doormen only to then be met by a truely beautiful interior with the constant warming aroma of candles burning in the reception area. The whòle hotel is immaculate, opulent but not pretentious. Its also quirky enough to make it individual. We didn't end up eating in the bar or restaurant but enjoyed a few drinks during our stay and found the staff to be really friendly & helpful. The rooms are small but well equipped and you just have to remember it is Manhatten! Bed really comfortable, good freee wi fi & everso clean. Great location, will happily return!

Room Tip: We had a room on the 8th floor which was quiet and overlooked 13th Street which was great.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 4, 2014

My wife and I needed a break, and took our first adult trip away from our 3 year old last week. We wanted to be away from Time Square see a more real side of the city. We landed on The Jade, and really lucked out! First class customer service, very nice rooms(we were on the 17th floor with a balcony, well worth the splurge), and the location was perfect. Great Restaurants and Shops in walking distance, but also got to see parents(and Nanny's) picking kids up from school, etc... Just want we wanted/needed. With out a doubt one of the highlights was coming in both nights, settling up to the bar, and hanging out with Gene the bartender. Everyone in the hotel did a great job, but Gene made us feel at home!

Room Tip: Go for the penthouse rooms on the 17th or 18th floors.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Scottyw47
Elizabeth M, General Manager at Walker Hotel Greenwich Village, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Dear Scottyw47,

Thank you for your review. We are so glad The Jade provided a great getaway for you and your wife and that you were able to enjoy our beautiful Greenwich Penthouse room! Our staff aims to exceed the expectation of our guests and we will be sure to pass your compliments along to Gene and our team! We are also thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our location and the restaurants, shops, and people watching in the area. We hope to welcome you back the next time you are in New York!

Reviewed March 3, 2014

This hotel was recommended by a colleague as being really convenient for our office which is just around the corner and I was pleasantly surprised, from the initial welcome through to check-out I have only positive comments. The room was clean and comfortable (albeit slightly small, but hey, this is NYC right?) and the view from the 14th floor of the Empire State was great. I ate in the restaurant on three occasions, twice for breakfast and once for dinner, service was very attentive and the food good, typical prices for a hotel of this standard. Would I stay here again? For sure, both because of the location (ideal given the snow) and the standard of accommodation.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank EricVonBarnstorm

Dear EricVonBarnstorm,

Thank you for your review. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our location convenient to your business in New York! We are also happy to learn that you found our accommodations to be clean and comfortable and the service to be welcoming and attentive. We hope to welcome you back the next time you are in New York!

Reviewed February 19, 2014

I love the location of this quaint hotel. Food was excellent and service very kind and good. Beds were very comfortable and I loved the very fresh pillows. Turn down service was delightful and courteous. Everyone was very friendly for New York standard.

Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank junkqueen14
Reviewed February 13, 2014

My mum and I stayed here in January 2014. What a terrible experience. My mum is a bit older (76) and I had treated her to trip to NYC and a few nights in what I thought was going to be a lovely hotel. What a disaster of a hotel stay. The first room we got was immediately opposite the lift doors so incredibly noisy. We were moved to another room - this one had stains on the bed covers and the bedside table was broken such that raw wood with splinters sticking out of it. When I called front desk the staff member replied: oh, that room is out of service, I cant imagine why someone put you in that room (!!!!). Third time lucky we hoped when moving to the next room. All seemed fine until we returned from dinner...we got back quite early as mum was very tired (930pm) and our room door was wide open. Shocked, we went inside to discover that the maid had been, turned down the beds, left a chocolate on the pillow and the left the door WIDE OPEN. We found it quite unbelievable. When I called reception I was given a non committal response with the desk person saying oh my really? I will inform the manager when I see them. We waited a few minutes expecting the manager to phone...nothing. I went down to the desk and was provided with the response: oh, no the managers not on, they'll be in tomorrow. Nothing further was offered in the way of an apology or compensation. The manner of the staff was quite unbelievable - this is not a cheap hotel and the attitude of the staff working there was just awful. Eventually the next day I got hold of the manager and we were reimbursed for one night and provided with breakfast. I thought this was very poor. I strongly recommend not to stay at this hotel if you are looking for a safe, secure and enjoyable place to visit.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
9  Thank Bourke_Street
Elizabeth M, General Manager at Walker Hotel Greenwich Village, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

Dear Bourke_Street,

Thank you for your review. We regret to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us and we hope you will accept our sincere apologies for the issues you encountered. Receiving an out of service room and finding an open door are both unacceptable experiences and we have reviewed these incidents as well as hotel procedures with both our front desk and housekeeping teams. The safety of our guests is our first priority and we are very sorry that these experiences left you feeling unsafe. If you would like to discuss these issues directly, please feel free to contact me at any time at emao@geminihospitality.com. Once again, we apologize for these incidents and appreciate your feedback.