1,166 results
All reviewsboutique hotelmurray's bagelsunion squareart deco stylenew yorkrooms are smalllovely boutiquequiet streetturn down serviceroom servicefreedom towerperfect locationgreat neighborhoodthe high linearound the cornerwater pressurethe entire staff
Reviewed February 7, 2014

We came up to the city for a long weekend to visit family and stayed a night at The Jade Hotel. We had a lovely, yet quick one night stay at the hotel. From the moment we walked into the lobby, the wonderful staff and elegant interior welcomed us to the hotel. Like those of many other hotels, our room was small. What it lacked in size, the room on the 18th floor more than made up for it with decor and the most wonderful view of the Freedom Tower. We stopped in the bar for drinks and had a friendly bartender and great service. The ambience of the bar and restaurant was warm and cozy. We had a lovely weekend in the city with snow and festive holiday celebrations. Its a lovely boutique hotel located in the Village!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 3, 2014

I stayed from 5th to 7th July 2013. The location is brillaint, the atmosphere almost theatrical. It is a short walk to restaurants in Union Place, the Strand bookshop and Forbidden Planet on Broadway and live music venues in the Village (The Bitter End, Thompson St / Bleeker St). The hotel is a design classic in New York Deco and cocktail style - James Thurber and Dorothy Parker would not be out of place, though I suspect that much of this is restored or retrofitted. The staff could not have been more welcoming. The rooms are small but the radio was pre-tuned to public service broadcasting - while I was there they were broadcasting the complete Ulysses (Joyce, not Homer). Although the restaurant was excellent, better value and NY style could be had nearby - breakfast at the Grey Dog in university Place, lunch at The Human Kitchen, a 'fat Greek' burger at a diner round the corner.

Room Tip: Go for a room as high up as you can - quieter and better views.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 27, 2014

I stayed at The Jade Hotel with my mother when I was in the process of moving to New York last year in May. My brother, who reccomended the hotel, lives in the West Village so the location was perfect for us. The hotel has an understated elegance with a very warm feel. It is the perfect example of a boutique hotel. Some would say the rooms are a little "small", but this is the expectation when you are in New York. From the lobby decorations to the restaurant downstairs, everything was beautiful.

But, what made the lasting impression was the genuine service from the staff. I wish I remembered all of the employee’s names so they could get the recognition they deserve, but unfortunately I do not. I do remember Olympia at the front desk who was very helpful and kind. Once the staff found out I was in the process of moving they were extremely welcoming. They offered everything from restaurant reccomendations to tips for living in New York. I remember after my mom left and I was heading to my new apartment, the bellman called down from the street to wish me good luck, and to let me know that I was always welcome at The Jade Hotel.

As a hospitality professional, this service meant a great deal to me. The Jade Hotel employees provided me with a very memorable experience.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank EmilyTap
Elizabeth M, General Manager at Walker Hotel Greenwich Village, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2014

Dear EmilyTap,

Thank you so much for your review and your kind comments about The Jade and our staff! We will be sure to pass along your comments to our team. We strive to go above and beyond for our guests and are so glad that you felt so taken care of during your stay. We hope you are enjoying New York and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed January 27, 2014 via mobile

Stayed 3 nights with my daughter in a Queen Bed Room. I did not think the room was too small as many have written. Staff amazingly helpful with everything, including assistance to arrange limo transfer from airport. AC/Heater is quite loud (annoying at night) but apparently they are trying to do something about it. Great location, clean room, comfy bed, nice ambiance and something more than what you get at the typical "chain" hotels. I would happily stay again at The Jade Hotel.

Stayed: January 2014

Dear FamTig,

Thank you for your review. We are glad that you enjoyed your accommodations with us as well as the hotel ambiance. We regret that the heating and cooling system detracted from your stay and we appreciate your feedback as we are continuously seeking ways in which we can improve guest experiences. We are happy to hear that you found our staff helpful and responsive and we hope we can welcome you back to The Jade the next time you are in New York!

Reviewed January 27, 2014

We stayed at the Jade hotel in December, the location is fantastic! The rooms are really small but you do not find hotels this cute in this area very easily. The neighborhood is fantastic and very close to the Union Square subway. We never tried the restaurant, but there is a great breakfast place Hü two streets over that we lived at, being vegans. I love the art deco feeling, and the authentic rotary telephone were a nice touch. If you go on a shopping spree plan to repack your suitcase. I would definitely come back.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the Empire state!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Paicho,

Thank you for your review. We are thrilled that you enjoyed the décor of the hotel and that you appreciated the small touches throughout our property. One of our favorite things about The Jade is its central location and we are so glad you found it convenient in exploring the local area (we love Hu, too!).We hope to welcome you back the next time you are in New York!