“A Jewel”

Walker Hotel Greenwich Village
Ranked #109 of 468 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 27, 2013

We had two nights of comfy sleep, with soft blankets and a variety of pillows. We stayed on the 6th floor. We had no view but we really didn't care because we loved the beds,pillows, room and the price. There is no coffee in the room and it is 5.75 a cup, but right around the corner there is a great French Bistro.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Walker Hotel Greenwich Village

Reviewed June 25, 2013

The good: great location, nice patio area with upgraded room, delicious breakfast in restaurant, town car service to LGA (not free).
The bad: room not ready at 4:00 check in, VERY small room, awakened at 5am with hammering on walls/floors for 1 miserable hour, not really compensated. Should not have had to pay for first night after that. Was told breakfast was complimentary for our trouble, but didn't tell us that it was for a "certain" menu option. $68 later, we discovered that miscommunication. Also, for a new hotel, the carpets, walls etc look worn already.

We are returning to NYC in 4 weeks, I wish I could say this was a wonderful hotel. So much potential!

Room Tip: Higher floors may be better.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 25, 2013

My friend and I stayed at the Jade Hotel from June 20th to June 24th 2013.

Check in was quick and easy. We were assigned a room on the 4th floor, their friendly bellhop carried our luggage and showed us the room. Loved that we didn't feel pressured to leave him tip, and when we did he was very thankful.

Location was great for this hotel, as it's in Greenwich, so very close to Chelsea, Flatiron district and Meatpacking District. There is a Citi Bike station at the corner of the street, making it easy to walk out the hotel and explore the city by bike (10$ for 24 hours, no additional charges if you use the bike for less than 30 minutes). Several restaurants (including a self-serve frozen yogurt place, yum!), a 7-11, a market and a CVS minutes away. Broadway st is an approximate 10 minute walk away, with plenty of stores to shop around. Madison Square Park is about the same time, meaning it won't be difficult stopping there and grabbing some Shake Shack! Check it out, there's always a line up, but it's worth it as it's one of the most amazing burgers ever! Biking to Time Square took us about 15 minutes.

Service was incredible, and which made our stay there so much more enjoyable. Emilio at the front desk was super friendly, could of chatted with him for hours! We always came back to an impeccably clean room. Bed was really comfortable. Usually when I travel I always say to myself "can't wait to sleep in my bed!" but not this time, I wish I could of brought their mattress back with me! Many good TV channels, so there was always a good 90's-2000 comedy movie that we could watch! If I had to say one "negative" about the room, it would be the bathroom. Nothing major though, but if you want to be picky, the door was transparant (frosted though) so if you're not comfortable sharing your silhouette with your roommate, then you might dislike this. The shower also didn't have a door, so water would splash out and wet the bathroom floor. Besides that, nothing bad to say, water pressure was really strong, something I truly appreciate when traveling and staying in hotels! A/C worked perfectly. I have nothing to say against the size of the room, it was comparable to other hotels I've stayed at in NYC. The bellhop was always there to open the doors as we exited or entered the hotel, and always with a big smile.

We were able to have our bags stored on our last day, after our check out, so we could go out for lunch and shop a little before driving back to Montreal. Check out was a little more complicated than checking in as there was a mistake made on our credit cards, but we were well taken care of. They apologized and told us the problem would be fixed when we got back, which they did.

I had a really good stay at the Jade Hotel, would of loved to stay longer, and will definitely be going back on my next trip to NYC. Thanks so much for the excellent service Jade Hotel!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank mariebird
Reviewed June 24, 2013

A rather small hotel in lower Manhattan in quiet surroundings, very friendly and competent personnel. Rather small, but elegant rooms with all necessary equipments. Good food and sometimes live jazz during dinner time. Pricey but worth it.

Room Tip: It's worth to take the de luxe rooms. The area is quiet so the location of the room wouldn't...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank goran_berg
Reviewed June 23, 2013

location - tick. stylish - tick. great service - tick. We only stayed a night and wanted somewhere close to Chelsea. For the price (yes the room is a bit small - but hey! we got 2 full size suitcases in there no problems which is more than I can say for other NYC hotels we've stayed in for more $$$) this hotel checks ALL THE BOXES. Highly recommended and would definitely come back again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank jackieyoong
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I am writing to express my delight at staying at the Jade Hotel. I felt very comfortable from the moment I arrived outside the hotel, the bellmen greeted me with open arms and the hospitality continued throughout my stay. There was live jazz in the lounge in the evening, the Greenwich Suite was divine, and the bathroom was incredibly well appointed with marble tub and Bigelow toiletries. I wished incould stay longer, but will most certainly be back very soon!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Vanessaritthaler
Reviewed June 9, 2013

The location is perfect, the decor pleasant and the beds very comfortable but within a short time of arrival we encountered issues. We couldn't get connected to the internet so called reception for help. we were told someone would come up ' right away' The help didn't arrive so we called again and eventually it was sorted. We liked the room so our way out for dinner we asked if we could extend our stay but found only single rooms available. We found somewhere else to stay and on our return asked if we could have a slightly later check-out than 11 a.m. Most places I've stayed its 12. We were told ' unfortunately we can't help you '. I wouldn't have minded paying extra for the privilege. Since there was no fridge in the room we asked for a bucket of ice and were told it would be sent right up. It never arrived and this time we went down in person. With one section of staff saying they had asked other staff to sort out the ice but with no follow up we were disappointed. The restaurant manager saying he would sort it but then we saw him wandering around talking to other guests. Eventually we spoke to a duty manager despite being told there was no manager on duty ! He gave us a later checkout sent the desk manager with ice straight away and gave us a complimentary bottle of wine.
Unfortunately at check-out we found we had been charged for the ' complimentary' bottle of
wine. To add to the issues my companion found a $100 charge on his credit card once home.
In a nutshell nice comfortable hotel ( if a bit cramped ) but with terrible communication resulting in poor service during our visit.

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter but avoid rooms close to lift doors only because guests coming in late can...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends