Walker Hotel Greenwich Village
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
$161
$274
$247
  • Room Service
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
$172
$118
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$178
$145
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$153
$134
  • Room Service
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$167
$98
$144
$117
  • Room Service
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$309
$215
Official Site
  • Room Service
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$229
$100
  • Breakfast included
The Westin New York Grand Central(New York City)(Great Value!)
$324
$305
Westin.com
1,108 results
All reviewsboutique hotelmurray's bagelsunion squareart deco stylenew yorkrooms are smalllovely boutiquequiet streetturn down serviceroom servicefreedom towerperfect locationgreat neighborhoodthe high linehotel is beautifulwater pressurearound the corner
Reviewed May 18, 2013

The hotel location is prime and its appointed very nicely and very comfortable. The vibe is hip yet relaxed and the doorman remember you everyday! Nice touch. While the rooms are a little smaller the location certainly makes up for it because people don't come to NYC to hang inside. If you need a lot of space this isn't the place for you, however, if you need a great in/out room with character it mosdef is a winner.

Room Tip: Higher floor is best to avoid the loud late night bar on first floor.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank maxtout
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Close proximity to subway and meatpacking district / high line (good for evening strolls). Rooms are small but clean and comfortable.

The hotel has no signage and from the outside it looks like a restaurant/bar. The bar can get busy into the night, but if you are high up enough, you shouldn't be hearing anything.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Wanting to visit my daughter in NYC (where I am from originally) I wanted to stay near the west village and found the Jade. It looked lovely, small and in the perfect location. I booked through Booking.com and received a very good rate for 4 nights.
Upon arrival i was greeted by the "better than ever" staff. They couldn't do enough for me. Got a larger room than was booked for........all great.
Now the problems begin......I check my bank account the next morning and The Jade had put a hold on $2200 of my money (supposed to be 1017) That was quite a bit more!
I was directed to the manager Brian (who was AWESOME) and he couldn't have been nicer and dealt with this situation immediately. The money was credited to my account.
ALL WAS WELL!
Jump to day 3 and upon checking my account, the money was DEBITED AGAIN! So now I have bounced checks and returned charges all over the place. Needless to say I spent the morning on the phone calling all of these places to explain myself. NOT a good way to spend time in NY.
The only great thing about this hotel is the staff. They are charming, helpful, interesting and engaging. The service in the restaurant was slow and food was just ok. It is a beautiful place but this whole problem with the charges was very unsettling and hopefully doesn't happen often. Be careful if you book through a third party. And if you want amenities such as movies in the room and a mini-bar.....this hotel is not for you.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank sheri1154
Bourke L, Manager at Walker Hotel Greenwich Village, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your experience. It is good to hear that our team was such a positive part of your stay and I will make sure to share your comments with everyone. However, please accept my sincere apologies for any billing issues you experienced. It is standard for hotels to authorize the credit card at check-in to ensure that the card is valid and that there are sufficient funds to cover the hotel stay plus a small amount for incidentals such as restaurant charges. But as the two amounts varied by so much, I contacted Booking.com for clarification. They confirmed that the $1071 you are referring to was actually the total for 3 nights excluding taxes and not 4 nights. And as you added an additional night, the total sum increased as a result. Taxes were also not included in that figure and unfortunately New York is a firm believer in taxes as we are required to collect 14.75% and $3.50 each night. Once again, I am truly sorry for any inconvenience that this may have caused but please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions or concerns you may have. I would also love to speak with you in more detail about your restaurant experience so that we can ensure a consistently great guest experience throughout our property so if you could email me it would be greatly appreciated.

Warm regards,
Bourke Lee
Assistant General Manager
blee@theJadeNYC.com

Reviewed May 16, 2013

We've been to many hotels in the world and have received top notch service, but those words do not come close to the service we received from Keron McDonald @ The Jade Hotel in NYC's Greenwich Village. Keron was the first person to greet us at the Jade Hotel when we pulled up curbside in our limousine. He was beaming with the brightest smile, and was eager to help us get settled in our room. Whenever we saw him during our stay, he always made a point to ask us if we needed anything. Keron is management material. We truly appreciated him.

Courtney in the restaurant also provided superb service; she asked the hotel chef to make a vegetarian dish for us the first night we dined there and it was fantastic. Five stars for the restaurant. (Courtney also gave us great advice about where we could find good vegan restaurants in town. Thank you, Courtney!)

Now for the hotel itself. Where do I begin? It's in a fantastic location, and it's sparkling new. We made reservations for the Greenwich Penthouse, which was advertised as having a queen size bed and a separate "living area." The bed was more like a double; it's width was nowhere near the width of our two queen beds at home. Maybe the beds are some European version of a queen bed. The so-called "living area" was equally disappointing. It consisted of a padded bench & a low profile chair right next to the bed. There was no "area"-- the penthouse is one small room with a very generously sized bathroom with a bathtub spout that was improperly fitted (it was too short to direct water flow directly into the tub, and instead puddled up and dribbled down onto the floor creating a slippery mess. And the awesome tub is really high, so if you're shorter than 5'11" good luck getting in and out). The amenities in the bathroom fell short, too. Not much product to rely on, and the product they did provide smelled less than pleasing. (Of course, this is a subjective assessment; reasonable minds will differ on this point.)

Again, we had expectations when we reserved the "penthouse." A penthouse is a specially designed apartment on an upper floor, especially the top floor, of a building." Imagine our surprise when we exited the elevator short of the top floor. And then to learn there were four rooms, two on each side of the building separated only by a little planter with a baby juniper between the outdoor patios. Read: little, if any, privacy. That said, we loved the outdoor space, despite it's tiny footprint, and the fact that the step leading to it did not appear to be up to code. The view of the Empire State Building and the Chrysler Building in the distance was probably our favorite part of our stay.

When we called hotel management expressing our disappointment with the queen size bed and "living area," we were not provided with an adequate explanation. Am I bitter? Probably, because we had high expectations based on the hotel's representations on its web site. For the price we paid for this pseudo-penthouse, we could have gotten a suite elsewhere. Indeed, we wound up going to the Intercontinental in Midtown and got a room with a king-size bed, and a separate living room for less money than the Jade Hotel.

The furniture in the room is nothing to write home about. It seemed to us to have more of an Asian influence, not art deco. The low bedside tables don't have a lot of real estate, but there is no shortage of outlets to plug in all your i-devices. That is a big plus.

Don't expect to get a late checkout. The hotel has only two small elevators that are used by the hotel cleaning staff -- there is NO service elevator. The maids have to shlep their carts on the same elevators used by hotel guests. What were the architects thinking? Don't expect a separate business/meeting room either. You won't find any business accommodations here.

There you have it. Beautiful, new hotel with "penthouse" rooms that are disappointing because they are not truthfully represented. For NY standards, the hotel is pretty and clean . . . and petite. For us, the hype and hip factor of the hotel failed to compensate for the shortcomings stated above. Will we return? Probably not. There are too many other options in NYC. But if you're looking for clean, hip hotel in the Village, with no other expectations, you will likely be very happy.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank SherryBeebe
Reviewed May 16, 2013

My Mom and I just returned from a 4 night stay at this very boutique style hotel. The rooms although small were very elegant and quite functional. I had requested a room on the highest floor prior to coming to New York and they did not dissapoint. We were on the 17th floor and had a great view of the city. The room was very quiet. We had one issue with the air conditioning which we pointed out when we were checking out and the front desk person waived our breakfast bill as an appology. The staff certainly went above and beyond in service and I would not hesitate to return to this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family