“Love this place”

Dallas, Texas
“Love this place”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This place is fantastic!
From the second you hit the door great people like Keron McDonald treat you like family. More than a welcome hello, he is incredibly helpful in explaining hotel amenities and the neighborhood. The GM, Bourke also is awesome. Small, boutique hotel in great location that is hip and clean.
My favorite NYC hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank David A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

We had a fabulous view of the Empire State Building from our room which was a plus to the huge minus of our very very tiny room!! The hotel is fairly new and there was a few teething problems, faulty lift causing huge tail backs and cramped lifts, so bad I got out and walk the 14 floors. We also paid cash for some bits in the restaurant and they were then charged again to the room. Lots of little problems but it is a very nice place in a great area so hopefully they will iron out the small things. I would stay again if I was guaranteed a bigger room, ours was just silly small, nowhere to put my case and hardly any hanging space!!

• Stayed April 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

I loved the atmosphere of this small hotel. It was like you were in the TV show Cheers. The staff was excellent and friendly. The bar is nice and can be somewhat happening. The only thing we wish we had was more space, but other than that, we loved it. Bathroom is lovely but had no place to put toiletries. Lighting is not great for makeup application. All that pales in comparison to the way we were treated while there.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed May 2, 2013

We stayed in Jade 6 nights.First of all-the bad thing from begining was bad start with the man from reception...I think that he could keep his personal opinion for himself and not share that with his attitude towards client..person who stayed with me was treated lovely but me i felt whole stay that there is something...Anyhow-the rest was fine.People from other parts like house keeping.room service and doormans were very pleasant and polite,always there for your comfort..Rooms were nice,lovely details but quite small..If you are stayimg for longer time you want so,ehow unpck t least little bit but there was no place for that,just very small wardrobe..But to be honest-it is very nice and charming hotel but small details make big things and in case that they are still very new they should learn quickly because they have great potentional but at the moment servis doesnt worth the price...And as i said-we were quite dissapointed how visible was that attitude of guy from reception...What a pitty because i would like to stay there once again-the rest of stuff just really make you feel like at home and treat you very nicely..
I wish to this hotel all the best and hope in future with better service we can again stay there:)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Bourke L, Manager at Walker Hotel Greenwich Village, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
Dear Ivy999,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us although it disappoints me dearly to hear that you did not have the great experience we strive for. We agree with you that it is the little things that will make us great and that is why we are particularly embarrassed to hear that we dropped the ball at the beginning of your stay. I would greatly appreciate it if you could contact me to share more details about your experience so that we may learn from it and improve. I look forward to hearing from you.

Warm regards,

Bourke Lee
Assistant General Manager
blee@theJadeNYC.com
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 1, 2013

We booked this hotel as we had a blitz of press meetings. We had lots of product delivered here ahead and it was waiting for us when we arrived. The double double was perfect. Such a cool bathroom too. Very comfy beds and really quiet and restful. We asked staff to courier product to journalists and all kinds of requests over and above the norm they bent over backwards to help us. At the end of a long day the lobby is so relaxing and we ate in grape and vine which was delicious and listened to jazz with champagne. It was bustling and atmospheric. We felt like we were on holiday!! We will be returning here in Sept for our next visit stateside!!!! The interiors are amazing too

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank clairerv
Beach Haven, New Jersey
Reviewed May 1, 2013

We stayed in a Greenwich Penthouse & had a great view of the city. The lobby is very comfortable and looks like it has been there for years. They did a beautiful job making a new hotel feel warm and comfortable. The room was smaller than we expected, the shower spills water on to the floor & the elevators were a little slow. The decor was really nice & the staff was very helpful.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
San Francisco
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I recently spent 4 nights at The Jade. I opted for a queen-bedded Greenwich Penthouse room on the 18th floor, and I'm glad that I did because the bedroom area was still a bit cramped. There was only a small set of drawers inside the wardrobe, which made it a challenge to unpack as fully as I would have liked. The bathroom with separate deep tub and shower was on the larger side and nicely appointed. The bed was quite comfortable.

There are two elevators; one was out of service during part of our stay. Even when both were operating, the wait for one to arrive on the 18th floor could take a couple of minutes. Due to the elevator situation, and thinking about a future stay, I did look at a room (perhaps a "Hudson Queen") on the second floor that I had considered when booking because I understood that some rooms on the second floor had a walk-out garden/patio area; however, the one that I saw had just a small walk-out concrete patio without any furniture. Perhaps there are plans to put some furniture out there or to landscape each patio. Aside from its easier access to the lobby and restaurant (e.g., stairs), there would have been no benefit in choosing one of those rooms over the penhouse rooms on the 18th floor. In fact, I greatly preferred the room that we had. We did have a small walk-out balcony off of our room, and the views from there, which you could also see from the bed, were quite nice (Chrysler Bdlg, Empire State, 1 Bryant Park Tower), especially at night. If I were to return, I would request our room or the one next to it, both of which face uptown.

The location of The Jade is very convenient, as there are numerous subway lines within walking distance on 14th. Taxis are great and plentiful, but I found that it was generally much faster to just use the subway. Union Square, the Meatpacking District, and Soho are all within walking distance, and there are plenty of great restaurants close by. In part, I chose this hotel due to its proximity to the L line so that it would be easy for family coming in from Brooklyn to meet us for dinner, but it was also very convenient for getting up to Columbia, The Cloisters, the theater district, etc.

An area for improvement concerns the breakfast that can be included in your room rate. While the rate that I booked did not include breakfast, I did ask about it when we arrived and opted to have it included at $15 per person/day. (Murray's Bagels around the corner is another option). Apparently the restaurant and the hotel are separately operated, as each day it was a new adventure to confirm that we did have the breakfast plan, and to determine what it did or didn't cover. The hotel and the restaurant need to have a sit-down to iron this out, as it makes no sense to reinvent the wheel each day. Having said that, the breakfast itself was very good.

Overall, I was pleased with The Jade and would recommend it for its location and boutique hotel ambiance.

Room Tip: I'd recommend a Greenwich Penthouse on the 18th floor, preferable on the uptown side so as to ge...