“excellent experience”

Howard Johnson Manhattan Soho
Ranked #285 of 467 Hotels in New York City

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed July 22, 2014

We usually stay mid-town but had a one day layover so decided to see if the good reviews about this hotel were true. My wife and I really liked this place! It is away from the more touristic sections of Manhattan, but there are some good restaurants nearby and we had some nice walks. We will definitely return to do more exploring in this area. The management and staff were the most helpful of any place we have ever stayed in NYC.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

Good points great little hotel and very nice helpful friendly staff. Our room although small was comfortable and kept very clean. Free breakfast which is a definite plus in New York was tasty and plentiful the only thing is at present the breakfast area was a little small. The slight bad point for us unfortunately was the area which we really were not keen on it was a little run down. So we would say this is a great priced hotel it just depends if you want to stay down town or not but for us next time we go back to New York we will probably stay mid/up town again.

• Stayed May 2014
derek l, General Manager at Howard Johnson Manhattan Soho, responded to this review, July 19, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for sharing your feedback about your recent visit. We are thrilled that you were happy with our facilities and accommodations. Our breakfast continues to receive positive feedback from our guests, and I am pleased that you were satisfied with it as well. I highly recommend the F subway train for making the trip midtown. It is about two blocks away from us on East Broadway and can allow you to transfer to where you would like to go in Manhattan.

We are delighted that we helped make your stay an enjoyable one. We look forward to accommodating your needs again in the near future. In the interim, our staff and I remain at your service.

Regards
Teddy Lai
Reviewed July 9, 2014

I recently had to cancel a stay in NY due to an unexpected long term illness. The manager and staff were not only co-operative in dealing with my cancellation, but sent me the kindest well wishes and encouragement to get better. I believe this was above and beyond their duty and whoever I have told my story too of my friends, have all said they will stay there on their next trip to NY and tell them why. I am determined to get better to go there and meet them. Their kindness and good wishes (from total strangers) is very humbling and warmly received

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple