“perfect hotel to stay”

Howard Johnson Manhattan Soho
Ranked #256 of 467 Hotels in New York City
“perfect hotel to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

we are very happy we found this hotel to stay in NY. hotel and staff are both perfect. worth the money double. modern accomodation, clean, friendly helpfull staff, perfect location, situated near Soho, China Town and Little Italy.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank PeterVanDongen
derek l, Manager at Howard Johnson Manhattan Soho, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out to review our hotel. I am happy to hear you found our staff to be very helpful. The staff is the very first impression they have of any hotel and I am very proud to have every single person in our staff be a part of this team.

Please let us know when you are back in town so we can continue providing you with our great service and recommendations!

Thank you once again for this wonderful review and for choosing Howard Johnson Manhattan Soho for your accommodations! We hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Owatonna
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

We spent a week at HoJo Soho over the 4th of July while we helped our granddaughter settle into a new apartment. It truly became a home away from home. Anthony welcomed us the moment we walked into the hotel and was helpful throughout our stay. Jeff was there every evening to provide anything we needed. The room was clean and very comfortable with great views. The beds and bedding were great. It seemed quite new.

Yet, not everything was perfect. The air conditioner in the first room did not cool well and we had some trouble with our TV, but Vicky was ever the energetic trouble shooter and got things up and running as quickly as possible, with a very friendly smile to boot! She even notified us that she would not be available over the holiday but left us in the good hands of Jeff. Everyone from the General Manager to the housekeeping staff worked together as a team to deliver a wonderful stay for all of us. We highly recommend this hotel and its staff!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jackson413
derek l, General Manager at Howard Johnson Manhattan Soho, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Thank you Jackson for this wonderful review! We always want to make the guests feel as if they are at home away from home! We are very proud of our staff they are the ones that make the the guests stay more enjoyable, and I'm glad to hear they went out of their to make sure you had such a great stay!

Thank you once again for allowing us to showcase out hospitality and service! if you are ever back in town please email us info@hjsoho.com and we will continue our service from there!
Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

My wife and I stayed in Howard Johnson Manhattan Soho for 4 nights in July 2013. It's a newly opened hotel (November 2012) and the management and staff have set (and are achieving) very high standards in hospitality, comfort, cleanliness and friendliness. We were on the 10th floor and had magnificent views of the Manhattan skyline while having a shower! The staff were courteous and helpful and housekeeping deserve special praise for the level of cleanliness throughout all of the property. The hotel is in Chinatown which is a bonus for any visitor to Manhattan and Subway stops are nearby at Grand Strret or East Broadway. We'll certainly be back!

Room Tip: 1001 offer great views of the manhattan skyline
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank SHAMBO
Reading, Berkshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

Used this little place for 5 nights when we visited New York on our honeymoon. It's got compact rooms that are lovely and clean, clean and hot showers, ipod docks, free wifi and comfy beds. The hotel is buried deep in Chinatown, but is very close to a Metro stop, which was invaluable. Breakfast is a tight affair packed in the lobby with cheapish jams and pastries, but the staff are amazing and really friendly, and eager to please. I'd use it again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MikeAndDani
Thank you so much for leaving such a wonderful review for our hotel. We really appreciate the time and effort that you have put into this. We are also very happy that you enjoyed the food around this neighborhood and that we were able to accommodate your bicycle needs. We try our best to meet all of our guests' needs despite the limited amount of space we have. Although we only met briefly, it was such a great pleasure speaking with you. Next time you are in town, please do not hesitate to send us an email at info@hjsoho.com so we can make the proper arrangements for you and continue our service from your previous stay.

Thank you for choosing Howard Johnson Manhattan SoHo and we look forward to meeting you again!
Lucan, Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

My two friends and I recently stayed here for a week and we were more than impressed. As it was my first time in New York I wasn't expecting much but this hotel definitely exceeded my expectations. We stayed in a triple room and it was perfect. Every day we came home to a sparkling clean room and we had more than enough space with three girls with plenty of shopping bags! The staff were absolutely brilliant so helpful, courteous and friendly, especially Teddy the main manager, he went above and beyond his job description to help us out everyday regarding directions and places to visit. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone and I will be returning there on my next trip to New York.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Aoife M
derek l, Owner at Howard Johnson Manhattan Soho, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
I want to thank you Aoife M on behalf of our staff and our future guests for this wonderful review! Its been a pleasure having you stay at Howard Johnson and I'm glad to hear our staff went out of their way to make sure you had an unforgettable stay! Congrats to the bachelor! Thank you for pointing out our great location and easily accessible public transportation to get wherever you needed to go!

Thank you once again for your interest in Howard Johnson Manhattan Soho! Please email us info@hjsoho.com if you are back in town and we will continue our hospitality and service where we left off last!
Park City, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

I am the type of traveler who likes her comforts and will spend countless hours online checking prices and reviews before making my purchase. I kept coming back to this hotel I hesitated because it was is Chinatown and that part of New York has never really catered to my taste but it was down to the last week before I left and the hotel was such a amazing deal I refused to pass it up. I had a red eye flight and arrived at JFK at 6 am, I emailed the hotel upon booking and requested a room on a upper floor with a view and if possible an early check in. When I arrived I was thrilled that they met every request. Being a single female traveling alone this was greatly appreciated. The staff was wonderful, the room was always clean when I returned...even if I didn't leave until after housekeeping had already made the rounds. I stayed in room 702. It had plenty of room, I think people who complain about small rooms in NYC must be first time travelers to the city. The room was not too small, I had a king size bed and was more than comfortable. As for being in Chinatown it wasn't a big deal at all, the hotel is less than 2 minutes to the subway and I could take the F train to mid town in 20 min or less. I would stay here again and recommend it highly, my only reason not to rate this hotel is to keep it my own little secret but the staff and service was so amazing that they truly deserve a great review. Thank you for helping make my lone woman tour amazing!

Stayed June 2013, traveled solo