“Joanna was amazing! The reason to a successful trip.”

Comfort Inn Midtown West
Ranked #327 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed August 23, 2013

To make a long story short I had book this hotel for July in the beginning of April through booking.com and the confirmed my reservations, the night before we were arriving to NYC I called the hotel and Joanna said she didn't have a reservation for none of my rooms and the hotel was completely sold I started yelling at her like it was her fault she kept it very professional telling me she was there to help and just like she said it she helped! She took my phone number and to give me a call back because booking. Com didn't make my reservation with the hotel. I called booking.com and they were no help since the hotel was sold out, I honestly don't know why or how this girl that was just a front desk got us the rooms but she did, I say this because she could've easily just said to speak to a manager in the morning but she didn't she went above and beyond to help even when we arrived to the hotel she checked us in with a warm welcoming to me and my family had ours rooms ready next to each other, gave us information of the area, I'm very thankful for all the hospitality because I travel a lot and this hotel was just great.

1  Thank Brenda B

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Stayed 6 nights for daughters dance event. Great hotel for the price. New construction. Room was nice for New York City, no closet or drawers though. Had seen other bad post about included free breakfast but we never had any problems, always well stocked with eggs & meat, waffles, cereal and breads & fruit. Not crowded, maybe because we always had an early start to get to the dance classes. Staff was very friendly and helpful, always greeted you and remembered our name. Let us store our luggage as on checkout day (which is 12 noon) our daughter had a dance performance at 3:30 pm and our bus did not leave till 11:00 pm, so we did not have to lug our bags around after the performance which was a big plus. The hotel is on 48th St. between 10th & 11th Ave. It is about 4 long (east-west blocks are a lot longer than north-south blocks) blocks to Time Square, so we did a lot of walking each day (averaged 15 miles a day.) A lot of construction in the area. There is a Salvation Army shelter on the other side of the street about 200 yards up the street but no problems at all. Felt "safe" in this area of Hells Kitchen. A lot of good food places in area. We ate at Georgio's Country Grill (801 9th Ave) 4 times during our stay. Excellent hamburgers, onion rings and cake. Going on a cruise in December and planning on staying here again as it is only a block to Pier 88 and Carnival Cruise ships. No pool or fitness room but you do have access to fitness room at Holiday Inn Express next door. I did not use it since I was walking so much. Free Wi-fi worked fine. Vending machine in basement was out of product a couple of times when I used it, but it gave money back. As long as you have no trouble walking you can't go wrong staying here.

Room Tip: We stayed on top floor and had no issues with elevator
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank impalaragtoplover
Reviewed August 6, 2013

The hotel is good.. Newly built.. Good rooms.. Nice breakfast.. Just the breakfast place got crowded on peak timings.. The location is in Hell's Kitchen.. Good restaurants close by.. Times Square is a bit far off from the hotel.. I think 15 mins walk would be der.. The staff is nice and cooperative.. There was construction work going across the hotel.. That would start at 7 in the morning.. That's a bit disturbing..

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Payall123
Jsoto5128, General Manager at Comfort Inn Midtown West, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your stay comments. I'm happy to see that overall you had a pleasant stay at our property. The construction issues due tend to causes some issues but hopefully, that will conclude in the near future. Thank you again for taking the time to post your comments and I hope you choose Comfort Inn Midtown again for any future trips to NYC!

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Stayed two nights at this property. I would certainly stay here again & I would recommend this hotel. The king bed was great. The room size was good compared to another hotel I stayed in New York. There are no closets in this room. The bathroom is small. The bathroom door hits the toilet, but overall this a good hotel for New York. This property is between 10th & 11th. Times Square is 5 blocks straight down 48th. The blocks are long, but it's good exercise. I would rate breakfast a 3 out of 5. The breakfast isn't fancy, but it's decent. This hotel had the best price & free breakfast. The other adults with my group also agreed that the hotel was great for New York.

If need a fancy hotel, this isn't the hotel. Also keep in mind, most hotel rooms in New York is smaller then your average hotel room. New York isn't a city to have great expectations for size.

Room Tip: Great hotel for a budget in New York.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Robin W

Thank you for taking to time to review our hotel. It's great see you had a great stay at the hotel. It warms our hearts to know that our team is doing a great job at taking care of our guests. Thank you again for your kind comments and we hope to have you as a guest again in the near future!

Reviewed July 30, 2013

We were staying for a whole week. Only four blocks away from Times Square and two blocks from the nearest subway station. It was all new. Very clean. Includes a good breakfast with hot scramble eggs, sausages or bacon, cereals, and a waffle grill...

The Intrepid Air, Water and Space Museum is around the corner. Totally worth-it, with its exhibition of a real Space Shuttle.

Another must do is walking the High Line. Is walking distance and is one of the walks I enjoyed the most in the city.

2  Thank Carmen R

I am happy to see that you truly enjoyed your stay with us! Yes, there is a lot to do in the area and even though we are off the beaten path, we are still close to many major attractions. Thank you for your kind comments and I hope to meet you in the future as a return guest. Have a great day!

Reviewed July 27, 2013

The friendliest staff we've ever seen. It is an ideal location close to Times Square. We were first time NY visitors. Quiet, safe neighborhood. Breakfast is good. We would stay there again. Comfy beds and quiet rooms. Great value.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank teamelliott

We pride ourselves on our friendly & courteous staff. That is what helps set us apart from some of the other hotels in city, especially the other Comfort Inns. Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay and I truly hope you have a great day!

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Everything was great and very convenient for me and my family. We went to many places and went on a very nice tour around the city thanks to Joann that took the time to offered to look it up online and gave us all the information we needed for our entire stay since it was our first time in NY. She was extremely helpful she also asked how we were getting to the airport and got us a very cheap ride to the airport because we told her we paid nearly $150 to get to the hotel. Overall a great experience and great hospitality. We will be back when we go back to NYC.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back.
2  Thank Jamie P

I'm so happy to hear that you had a great stay at the property. I'm also happy that Joanna was able to help you during your stay. She is a shining star of the hotel and I'll make sure to let her know about your kind comments. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and have a great day!