“Okay!!!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed May 6, 2014

These are good if you want something cheap and quick, but frankly after just one day I was done with this. There is a guy outside Pennsylvania Hotel who comes only at night (he is not a halal guy though) who makes a delicious Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich

Write a ReviewReviews (2,006)

Reviewed May 6, 2014

After reading the other reviews, we had to try this halal cart instead of all the others. Don't let the long line fool you, these guys are super efficient and your wait won't be too long.The chicken and rice item, $6, with the white and hot sauce was heaven. It was such a large serving size in those round takeout foil containers. What a great deal!

Reviewed May 5, 2014

It's easy to see why the Halal Guys are challenging the decades-old hot dog vendor market in NYC lately. My wife and I stopped by their stand on 6th & 53rd during the last night of our long weekend visit to the city, and after 2 nights of $100 meals at Iron Chef restaurants, this $12 meal ($6/plate) was a refreshing and satisfying change.

I've heard that the lines can get up to 1 hour long, but at 9:30pm on a Sunday night there were only about 10 people ahead of me when I lined up. The guys are very efficient and the line moves fast as a result. I estimated that they spent about 15 seconds per plate to fill an order; as such, I probably spent 3 minutes on the corner before we were on our way up to our room with our plates.

My wife had the chicken over rice, I had the gyro meat over rice, though we shared and switched off several times as we ate. The food was perfectly seasoned and cooked, and the portions were downright huge. We were so stuffed that we spent the rest of the evening lying on the bed rather than packing for our return trip in the morning.

I read somewhere that these guys are putting the hot dog vendors out of business (or forcing all of them to start serving similar dishes). I don't know if that's true or not, but but these guys really have a good thing going and it's a nice alternative (this from a guy who ran his wife several blocks out of the way to go to Gray's Papaya for dogs 2 days before).

Reviewed May 4, 2014

Where can you eat in mid town for 6 bucks? The Halal Guys! You can have chicken or beef over rice. All are great and VERY filling. Go easy on the hot sauce. You can always add more to taste.

Reviewed May 1, 2014

I spent 3 months in New York and this is the place i kept coming back to! Do not be deterred by the long line or ravenous pidgins, for the halal guys food is so worth it. On my first visit I was very generous with the red sauce, the startled looks from the other customers should have told me that id made a rookie error. That stuff is spicy. No amount of white sauce could put the fire out. When you get it right it is tasty and filling! Great value! You gotta try it!