“Delicious meal”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Staying at New York Hotel Midtown, and spend almost every night waiting in line for dinner. The taste is really good, and the price is really cheap. I have a couple advice, first you can share the food for 2 people, and it only cost you $6. Second, beware of the other copycat claiming to be the same Halal Guys. They sell same food with the same price with mediocre taste.

There are newer reviews for The Halal Guys

Reviewed January 17, 2014

Having meetings at the New York Hilton Midtown and having a limited time, I searched for places to eat nearby and came across this food cart, which is actually a number of carts side by side. I love middle eastern food, so I went there to try. The falafel over rice plate was absolutely great and for US$6, one cannot go wrong. There is a line, but it is worth the wait. I strongly recommend it.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

I am a big street food fan.. Tried many of them in NYC over the past 5-6 years I have been here. I am especially picky about my Lamb or Chicken over rice.. I must say these guys are great. There quality of Rice and meat is awesome. I usually ask the cart vendors to show me the rice and meat before I try a new cart but these guys are amazing.. Their hot sauce is good too, not that I care about hot sauce. This is definitely one of the things to do in NYC...

1  Thank viks0004
Reviewed January 14, 2014

After reading the great reviews and seeing their rating on Tripadvisor, thought we'd try it.Definitely worth it .The prices are cheap, the portions are big and food is really good.
If you don't want to eat outside on the street, go across the street and eat in the lobby of the Hilton. We did because it was freezing cold outside. But most people just eat on the spot or use the cement barriers around the food carts as a makeshift table.
The long line ups speak for themselves and it's worth the wait.

1  Thank Travel_is_lifegoals
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Only being able to eat Halal food we were very limited in our options , a friend of ours who lives in NYC took us to this vendor and we were not expecting much but i have say this was the best food i had during my Multicity 2 week trip to the States

1  Thank safyan