“Delicious street food!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Neighborhood: Midtown
New York City, New York
“Delicious street food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

I like street food. It brings a lot of character to a city. I often think twice before ordering, since sanitation can be an issue. Not with these Halal Guys. The most popular street cart in New York, they're almost always busy, and if you want to see a ridiculously long line, stop by during lunch time. You'll see dozens of executives lined up to enjoy a chicken, pork, or vegetable platter for just $6. The food is always moving, never sitting on the grill, so you can tell it's fresh. They've practically become a city landmark. Go check them out.

• Visited October 2013

• Turkish first
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Halal guys”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2013

This review is for the original Halal guys that are in front of the Hilton hotel entrance. I guess I expected a little bit more after reading all the reviews. But food was very good, a lot of it. Red sauce is pretty hot, perfect midnight meal for $6 bucks.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

I've been to NYC twice from the UK and make a point of having food from here atleast once on every trip! Wouldn't trust any other cart, food is good, only problem is standing in the queue-only because its that popular! Well worth the wait.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Kpatel88
Boca Raton, Florida
“Omg!!!!!!! Just delicious! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

We came to nyc to visit friends and my friend insisted we try lamb over rice! She raved about it for weeks! Needless to say when we got it and tasted it...its about the most delicious meal I have had in a while!!!!!!!! Needless to say I am back in florida and craving it!!!!!!!!

1 Thank Bellabee32
“Great value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

I went to check out their new location on 14th St and 2nd Ave, but the restaurant is not open yet. But they did have a food cart in front of it and there was no line. I asked for "whatever they're famous for" and I've been told the chicken and lamb over rice, so I got that with lettuce and their signature sauces. I must say I was impressed with the quantity of food that you get for $6. I was more than satisfied with the plate I got. So if you're feeling really hungry, you want to get a cheap lunch or just you just want to try the Halal Guys I would say this is totally worth it. Looking forward to check their restaurant as soon as they open it.

Visited November 2013