“Awesome find”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

We were going to MOMA and this was across the street and my wife already mentioned it. The line was long but they werw getting through it fast. Working in Hospitality I really appreciated how clean the guys are, every time theu touched something non food related they changed gloves. The food was great and for the price is a steal! I was even wondering later at a restaurant why I was paying more money to get less food and I knew I was not going to enjoy it so much. Keep it up guys!

2  Thank Edecio H
There are newer reviews for The Halal Guys

Reviewed October 14, 2013

You're hungry and in New York City and you want something reasonable. It's almost an oxymoron. Until you find this place. Their food is delicious, and you get huge servings - and your wallet doesn't get noticeably lighter. Highly recommended.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

bring all my guests and family to this place. Nice food. Good quality and value. Long lines late in the night.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

After hearing a lot about this street vendor, we tried them out and were not disappointed. The long line of office workers moves quickly, and we all tried the chicken and lamb mix with rice and bread. We crossed the street and quickly found a bench so we could sit down to eat.
The white sauce lives up to it's reputation, and the red sauce, though very spicy, is well worth trying at least. The meat was flavoursome, juicy and there were no signs of bone or gristle that you may expect from a food cart.
The portions are huge, so if you aren't starving, you may want to share with a friend.

1  Thank Buentes
Reviewed October 9, 2013

The lines for their food stands make no sense to me. You get a pile of dry, overcooked chicken shavings that are almost inedible, on top of yellow rice and with a few pieces of lettuce and a dry pita. They give you tasteless white sauce and fiery red sauce to give it some flavor and moisture, but it was truly awful. The wonder is that there are really good halal chicken guys on the street in Manhattan. Why this has 20-somethings lined up is a really interesting question. It's cheap, it's a scene, it's fast, and if you're really hungry at 2 am, you don't have much choice in that neighborhood. And yes, I was at the real Halal Guys.

5  Thank CaTraveler7777