“53rd and 6th”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed August 12, 2013

That's the address, just in case you can't find it! I'm a pretty healthy eater, so this place is a bit much for me. This is greasy, makes my tummy hurt kind of food.

HOWEVER

after a long night of partying in NYC, this is def the place to go! Be prepared to wait in line at 3 am, with other drunks, like yourself. Its amazing if you are pretty wasted, oh and get the GYRO, tastier than the chicken.

Get extra white sauce!

There are newer reviews for The Halal Guys

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Have a few Halal Guys in my office neighborhood and never had a bad experience. It is what it is, street meat.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

well i have eaten at this many years ago and knew it was good but didnt remember it being this good! first day (yup you heard me right) went to moma and then had hala guys i got the mix over rice because i wanted to try both the gyro and chicken. i ate on the steps of moma with a bunch of other people. I think i made happy noises the whole time i was stuffing my face! so FREAKIN ' GOOD! i brought the rest back to the room for later. so my friend came in kinda late and she was starved so i pulled out the leftovers and made her a plate heating what needed heating and then put the cold lettuce on at the end with the sauce. she made the same happy noises and was amazed that it was street food. the next evening we went back late nite for more. then when we were leaving the last day we ended up there again and i got one to take home! even after the 6 hour journey home in the little cooler it was still amazing! now i wish i had more - i think i could eat the all gyro one over rice every day! i will dream of this food till i can go back and have more!

Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

The long line initially shoched us but I got to say it's worthwhile. I don't know of another restaurant that you can eat REAL food, not typical fast food trash for less than $10 plate in NYC.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

The reviews of this place do not lie! I make it a point to stop by this place whenever I'm in NYC visiting the family. I always get the chicken and lamb combo, which, at $6 and including a nice portion of rice, salad, and pita bread, has to be one of the best deals in the city. Try their amazing white sauce, but beware the hot sauce; too much of it and your dish will be ruined. Yes, it is that hot (and I love spicy foods)!. A little barbecue sauce on the finished product goes a long way as well.

Note: be prepared to wait on long lines if you're at the original cart at the corner of 53rd Street and 6th Avenue (you'll know it by the long lines when you see it). They do, however, have another 2-3 carts set up nearby that serve the exact same food.

Beware imitator carts, which set up shop in the area!