“Lived up to the hype!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Great street food, and i wish there was something like this in London! The guy who served us was super friendly, large portions, delicious and big value for money! We came here twice in the 7days we stayed in NYC!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,015)

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We tried this last night after reading the hype and being intrigued by the queues!
We were not disappointed. Amazing. Great naan breads, tasty chilli sauce and yogurt sauce, the mixed plate with meat and chicken and rice was DELICIOUS! You have to try this if in NYC!

Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

A must try street food in New York. Strange yet wonderful dish. Unique to the city of New York. Always long queues, yet food taste great. If you don't like street food, try this and you will change your mind

Reviewed May 20, 2013

Cheap it is and the gyros are good but the white sauce tasted like mayonnaise mixed with youghurt and overall it was just so-so.

1  Thank paul f
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Stumbled on this randomly when we saw a line for the food and decided to check it out. It was amazingly delicious! We had the mixed combo rice for $6 and it came with the much raved about white sauce and hot sauce. The serving was pretty huge so I shared it with my friend and it was just about right for 2 girls. The chicken tasted tender and not dry. The lamb was great! I usually avoid all lamb items but I scoffed this all down because it tasted so fantastic and didn't taste like lamb. Unfortunately, I didn't like the white sauce much as I felt it made the entire dish too rich and the dish tasted great on its own. It is also true the hot sauce is SPICY! Watch out! It also came with some vegetables on the side but I think they could have given more to make the dish healthier. Lastly, they even handed out recyclable bags. Terrific!

I really enjoyed my meal and HIGHLY recommend this for a cheap and great meal. Do note there is a pretty long line but it moves quickly and when I arrived at 715pm, it was only a 10 min wait.